Saturday 12 December 2015

Dreich Saturday


This morning the plan was to rise at six thirty, cycle around for a while, visit the fruit & veg man, shop at Tesco and post the last two Christmas cards.  A simple straight forward day.  As I rose just after seven the wireless announced rain, I peered through the condensation soaked windows at the gray clouds and the drizzling rain to confirm their suspicions.  The bike faded from my mind, the veg could wait and I suddenly considered a slow breakfast important.
I eventually managed the shopping, lots of almost but not quite gone off fruit amongst it, one day I might take some of his 'eat quickly' fruit and stick it in a large vessel and let it ferment.  It might turn into a nice fruit liqueur!  Nothing then happened.
It didn't happen later on either.
The last cards entered Royal Mail's keeping, I wandered through Amazon looking for the last two gifts and had to stop myself spending large sums on myself!  Why do they offer books I want but not books I require for others?  I find other shops often have a similar problem.  I am still looking for the other books...

 
I then spent lunchtime watching the Heart of Midlothian up at Aberdeen.  I could have wished the game to have been rained off!  It was not very good.  We eventually lost to a lucky goal.  I spent several minutes in tears then went wandering through the charity shops to cheer myself up.  I succeeded in this the simple way by not spending any money.  That at least was a good thing today.
The rain continues, the clouds promise to remain all week, I promise to keep wearing my 'Bah Humbug! hat at work where it serves a purpose.  I wish I had bought more I could have made a packet selling them!  Bah!
I'm going back to bed...


6 comments:

Mo said...

Rain has that effect I find.

Lee said...

We've been having rain here since yesterday....not heavy...but fairly consistent...and it is most welcome. I love it! I hope it rains all today and continues into tomorrow. I wish and hope the drought affected areas would get lots and lots. The poor beggars certainly do need it...badly. It's heartbreaking what they are going through.

the fly in the web said...

The summer started...then stopped and the rain has returned. I am delighted and the longer it lasts the better....the hoteliers think otherwise.....
I should point out that the rain here is warm...

Kay G. said...

Will you be mad at me if I tell you that it almost broke a record today in Atlanta for a high temp? I think it was 74 degrees, might even be warmer tomorrow!

Adullamite said...

Mo, We ought to be used to it.

Lee, You can have ours...

Kay, I can never be angry with you....grrrrrr!

Adullamite said...

Fly, I'll send some soap and you can shower in the backyard!