Sunday 13 December 2015

Blessed with Mirk


The mirk besieged us today, clouds and rain, mist and dreichness considered us worthy of a visit.  Walking to St Paul's this morning left me soaked with drizzle after a few minutes, however not being one to complain I hobbled on without demur and found shelter there eventually. 
Not much else has happened today.



My ansafone died!  I believe this was caused by the girls at work shrill voices leaving messages for me, they killed it and it refused to accept any messages.  This meant a new one was required, not that these things last more than a few years these days.  So off I trooped to Argos and obtained one selling at half price.  
This was good!  Almost exactly half price and no obvious reason to consider a con was taking place.  So I paid my money, willingly offering my (well) used grubby notes and headed home triumphant.  Here I unpacked, checked the contents and then discovered the brute insisted that only the rechargeable batteries are used.  "OK," said I before I realised they did not include the charger!  All others possess one but this model does not, that was why it was cheap.  Grrr!  Now I have to trace a suitable (non exploding) charger on EBAY.  Not that I have got round to actually setting up this thing.  One look at the instructions made it clear they could have been written in Cantonese as far as I was concerned as they made no sense to me.  They still don't.  Bah!
Tomorrow while I enjoy the continuation of the dark clouds overhead I may spend an hour or two attempting to set this thing up.  I may on the other hand just lie on the floor staring at the ceiling as that will be just as efficient.



3 comments:

Lee said...

I'm so glad that you're in such a happy mood, Mr. Ad-Man! It warms the cockles of me 'art!

the fly in the web said...

I tried setting up Skype on the mobile 'phone I was forced to buy when our lines went down under a cattle lorry. All went well until the installation required a 'phone number to send me a pin....blasted 'phone wouldn't accept it...fixed line didn't work....
Time to lie down in a darkened room....

Adullamite said...

Lee, I wish to keep up the Christmas spirit...

Fly, Been there done that! Computer says when there's a fault email this address!
I love the phone lines under a cattle truck!