Friday 24 March 2017

Our Oscars


The early evening was spent surrounded by dolled up lads and lassies for the Volunteer Oscars at the Museum.  This is one of those 'get together' ideas to help us meet those we rarely see, even though one or two could not make it so we didn't see them!
Oscars were awarded for shop work, handyman work, children's work and the like.  Naturally I expected the 'Miserable Git of the Year' award of course but that was not on offer this time, "Not enough competition," I heard someone whisper.  I did get the 'Social Media' Oscar simply for passing on the posts we offer to all on facebook.  I also do things on the laptop at home, sometimes for the museum...


This was a short but enjoyable time and I took lots of pictures of people feigning humility while grasping their award, all well deserved I say.   A few slurps of imitation Champagne and some round things with dead things upon it to go were on offer to please the peoples.  Then, dressed up to the nines. we headed for our next appointment or home to play about with the pictures and fall asleep.
The deep blue sky as I came home was irresistible, this is one shot that I had to try (on AUTO) as the sky was deep blue and the RC church had lights on.  


5 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Well done on the Angry Git award. Oh, no, I mean the other one.You've certainly made me want to visit the museum next time I am passing through the area. Maybe I'll see you grouching away at the desk somewhere....

Jenny Woolf said...

And yes, a really lovely shot of the church against the sky.

Lee said...

I hope you wore a daffodil in your lapel and made an appropriate acceptance speech, Mr. Ad-Man...one that didn't go on and on ad infinitum! :)

Mo said...

Thanks for the support for the Children of the Illam. It was proving difficult for people to add to my PAYPAL so set up the just giving page. The funds received in my PayPal account will be added to the funds and sent directly to the DHAN Foundation for the children. Thank you so much for your enormous generosity. These children are so delightful and never complain about anything. They find good and beauty in everything around them. They are so grateful for being able to live at the Illam. Thanks

Adullamite said...

Jenny, You are always welcome but this exhibition ends 15th April, the next exhibition all about stitching textiles begins 22nd until June 24th. Fine if you like textiles and women who stitch them all day.
I grouch on Tuesday mornings.

Jenny, Tis OK, I snapped that as I came home.

Lee, My acceptance speech was cut short by slow hand clapping!

Mo, Glad to offer a little help.