Tuesday 16 May 2017

More Old Pics


My weary unhealty body carried me without my brain to the museum through the early morning sunshine, ten O'clock is early to me.  I mean I rise at six at this time of year but I am not up until ten.  
Nothing much happened bar my assistant mumbling about me being even more grumy than usual.  I was surprised by this as I am never grumpy and wondered whether the sun had affected her or something.  We sat and drank our breakfast and waited for the crowds.  No crowds, not even a full staff!  One meeting yesterday and half of them take the next day off in lieu!  Tsk!  Good job nothing happened.


One brief excitement were four visitors researching grandads workhouse experience.  They went looking for the hosue from which he came and while I suspect they failed in their quest the area in which he lived will be modernised but identifiable to him if he ever comes back to life.  Planning laws have a lot to answer fo but one good thing is they way old building keep their outside appearance while renovated inside, often retaining as much as possible of ancient beams and fittings.  This area has many going back several hundred years.   I really must get out and take some pics of these ancient places.  Today the costs are a wee bit higher than before, start at half a million and go upwards!



4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I would feel like a day off after suffering through a ´meeting´. If I didn´t come close to dying from boredom ÇI would come close to death from high blood pressure....
Luckily meetings were rare in my line of work and if they were political ones after work I could shout the odds with gay abandon....as did we all, to common mystification as to the results when in the pub later.

Adullamite said...

Fly, I have to work Saturday to cover and I can ask the boss who is also working what the meeting was about!

Lee said...

I'm feeling grumpy, too...and like you, I'm never grumpy!!!!!

Adullamite said...

Lee, You are I'm not.....