Thursday 11 July 2013

Greenery



The picture looks a bit bland, that's because it is.  The wee camera does not do distance very well and if I had left my bench and gone closer some nasty thieving type would have taken my place.  They are very selfish like that around here.  So I took the pic from where I sat and ruminated awhile.  
It was the green that caught my eye.  You see we notice it all around us each day, especially after the rain we have endured, but we never 'see' it.   I have noted this before, many times, but few notice what we see as it's so obvious, it stares in our faces daily.  I suspect gardeners will be well aware of this but maybe not.  What I am seeing is the vast shades of green in those trees.  there is at least six shades there, allowing how your PC reads the colours of my picture, and there are many more shades of green around.  
This park began as the home of a rich man, the gardens surrounding the building were planned by a clever chap whoever he was.  The wide and interesting variety of trees today stand tall yet the designer could see this only in his minds eye.  After forty years and the money running out the house became a school for girls for decades.  A while back, just after the building had been reopened as flats, I passed a grinning woman walking over a grass verge.  Her happiness came from walking where she had once been banned on pain of death!  It took forty years but she was now skipping like a Spring lamb!
Small pleasures are the best!
I am making the most of the greenery.  The nights are drawing in, it was darkish by eleven last night and Christmas gods will be in the shops soon, some folks are ahead of us in this already!
So I am getting what I can when it is there.


.

5 comments:

Lee said...

How incredible it is to me here when you say it "was darkish by eleven"!

First light here at present is 6.11 am and last light is 5.32 pm.

Our days are growing longer now, of course...but not to the extent of yours up that way - not in Queensland, anyway!

Adullamite said...

Lee, I want to live in the land of the midnight sun all year round.

Lee said...

I suppose it's what you're used to, Adullamite; but I don't think I'd like it.

I'm very happy with where I live where the sun runs off and goes to sleep at a sensible hour...allowing me to enjoy the nights and days evenly and equally.

Unknown said...

I find the fact of you still being worried about people stealing your spot rather disturbing. For according to police records, you have your spot well marked in EVERY sense of the word--even junkyard dogs and alley cats are impressed! So, just what quite of animals do you live around?

Adullamite said...

Lee, Sleep, with the midnight sun we sleep as we like - often!

Jerry, Dogs and cats like me.....