Thursday 18 July 2013

It Takes Allsorts



Sadly, I'm hooked!  
Yes indeed!  I bought a packet of these to share with the girls on Tuesday, but have discovered I need to keep eating them myself.  For some strange reason these small sweets have taken over and I must eat them, in spite of the damage they are doing to my teeth!   
The sad thing is the pink ones which surround the black liquorice, and the little square layered ones appear to need me eating them.  You will understand I hate to disappoint.  Also as this lovely hot weather is making eating a lazy thing I am forced to eat 'Allsorts' just to keep me alive because cooking is hot and uses energy that I cannot spare.
I am looking for an answer to this problem.  If you discover one, keep it to yourself!  



.

9 comments:

Lee said...

I love licorice; and I love licorice allsorts! I always buy them for Christmas. To my mind, Christmas is not Christmas without licorice allsorts. I think it's a thing left over from when I was a child. When we were kids our Christmas table always had small bowls of lollies, nuts and crystallised ginger dotted about it...and licorice allsorts were the main features!

Strawberry Girl said...

Never been able to stand those! Something about nasty black liquorice lurking behind a too sweet candy shell... ;)

alan1704 said...

You have got me wanting those coconut circles, that is not fair!

Adullamite said...

Lee, It's LIQUORICE, stop spelling like an American!
You are right about Xmas. That is soooo true, the allsorts always appeared then as some sort of treat!

Strawb, How could you? Liquorice nasty? It keeps you on the run that's for sure. I will try something sweeter next time, just for you.

Alan, I suspect your teeth will be rotting today....

Mo said...

My favourite too

Lee said...

Adullamite!!!!! It's "Christmas" not "Xmas"!!!!

Adullamite said...

Mo, I bought you some, but the bag fell open....

Lee. XMAS.

Unknown said...

Licorice would be much better for you.

Adullamite said...

Jerry, Once a favourite Yorkshire plant.