Tuesday 1 November 2022

Tis the Season?

 
Several of my attractive young neices and great neices went to an event in Edinburgh today concerning Christmas.  Naturally, I offered this foto in response.  
Christmas events ought not to be in November I say! 
That said, I checked my shopping and found I was well on the way to completing my Christmas buying, bar the online stuff.  That obviously, is different!  To avoid price increases I shopped when I could, purchasing during the 'sales' and ensuring I began shopping at the 'Special Offer' section.  My lot would not care if things were second hand either, this Xmas that is just as well...
In some countries things are different.  In the Phillipines Christmas begins on the 1st of September!  On the other hand in Denmark I understand no Christmas adverts are allowed unitl 1st of December!  How lovely that is!  
I suggest each year to shopkeepers that putting 'No Christmas Music' signs on the windows would increase footfall.  I am not sure they believe me.  Having worked in a 'Cash & Carry' many years ago where such music was on offer, both staff and regular customers were not impressed!  A wide variety of quiet music, interspersed with appropriate tunes (of my choosing) would, in my humble opinion, be more appropriate.  No doubt some would still manage to grumble...
 

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Local supermarket has the Chinese Christmas tat in profusion, but - so far - no music. Thank goodness.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Just what we need, Chinese tat for Christmas.