Tuesday 22 November 2022

Xmas Post

Busy day.
I had to stumble down to the Post Office to post a wee packet to Edinburgh.  I arrived behind an attractive young woman with baby in arms.  Unfotunately, in front of her was a woman, clearly a regular, posting a bag full of packets of various sizes.  This appeared to be a usual occurence for her.  
We waited.
We waited.
We waited and we waited.
We chatted between ourselves.
The dozyy child did not join in, sleep was still upon him.
A woman with one envelope joined us.
We waited.
We smirked at the wait.
We waited.
Eventually the lass was finished and the queue rrejoiced.
My turn came and the friendly Asian lass smiled at me as usual, informed me of the price with a quizzical smile, grinned at my gasping, and encouraged me to pay for it.
I like her.  She has personality and works very hard.  This is a family run shop and they work long hours.
Then she has to deal with the kids and feed them all.
Even a 'Tesco Express' opening up almost next door has not killed them, though Tesco do not have a popular Post Office inside.
Back home I attepted to watch the first of four football games today.
All I saw was the end of Argentina's loss to Saudi Arabia.  Ths was difficult as I was already seeking a box for parcel number two.  All day was then spent, between fixing this box and cooking 'Slop Soup.' The soup has lived up to its name.
The packet, during Denmark v Tunisia, was coompleted, 'ParcelForce' arranged to collect it tomorrow, too heavy to carry to PO.  Then my poor dinner cooked badly while Mexico v Poland ran themselvbes into the ground for nothing.
Tonight I sit in the cold bedroom awaiting the heating to climb higher while watching Australia play France.  This is our team now, three Aussies play for the Heart of Midlothian and possibly will appear tonight.  Therefore we are all 'Roos,' now.
One at least appears, here we go!

3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Leo's birthday today, celebrated by the perfect present...100% cotton T shirts, eleven for ten quid!

the fly in the web said...


It seems that the French fans have been rather French about things....

Adullamite said...

Fly, HAPPY BRITHDAY LEO! How nice to be so young!
Where is that stall selling shirts, I want them!

Fly, And we Aussies have been so Aussie. We attacked the celbrating French!