Wednesday 9 November 2022

Technical Hitch


Nothing better than having your routine disturbed at 8 am.  
Sitting seeking enlightenment via coffee and the online newspapers, the bell rang and there stood an 'Outreach' worker come to fix my broken phoneline.  I was not enlightened enough to respond properly at that time.  In he came, faffed about with the box on the wall, informed me of various items I could not comprehend, and then screwed everything back in and headed off to the green box on the corner, once I had mentioned which green box it was. He appeared to have not noticed the one at Tesco.  After two and a half hours of bleeps and flashing light from the router, and a couple of calls from his phone (which does not work well from the green box) he managed to fix all things and brought the internet speed up to 65, it had been as slow as 23, and the phone once again works properly.  Just don't tell my sister, or she will call it!
This palaver meant nothing could be done, so I managed that, and wisely shifted all things for today over to the Thursday 'to do' list.
Except of course I had to wait in.  'Parcelforce,' were delivering my box from Forres today.  It ought to have been yesterday but something went wrong.  I wonder if the 'Trunker' from up north got held up by those attention seeking loons hanging of Motorway gantry's?  Anyway, by almost three he had reached me and soon I was having pie and chips for tea.  Not luxury to some, but fine for me tonight.
What's that...?  Oh!


3 comments:

the fly in the web said...


You have pies!
I think there might be another hitch...I have made a few comments which, even as they were not offensive, have not reached your blog. I'll see if this gets through.
Pies.....lucky devil.

Adullamite said...

Fly, This arrived, no sign of any others. Your end I think.

the fly in the web said...

More than likely.