Wednesday 2 November 2022

November Brooding

This is true!
In some ways I am still working through May/June time, and here we are in November.
Life is like this.
Whereas once, all was young and free, life was to be enjoyed, the future was an adventure out there waiting to be grasped, now it is just remembering if the dinner has been taken out of the freezer.
The adventure has slipped a bit, much has been tried and failed to please, and reality took away what was left.  There is no doubt that without the Love Jesus has offered me I would be a right miserable cynic.  Instead, today I am quite a content cynic, but not always a quiet one.
If grace abounds my future looks good, though whether this includes the walk to Sainsburys in the morning is as yet unclear.  With November winter is arriving.  The climate change warmth is dispelling and I had to wipe the condensation off the windows this morning.  I suspect the heating came on at one point during the night.  At least I am cared for, I have no worries re this winter, and the gas and electric people are proffering new deals, so something is up there.  Others however, are struggling already.  I suspect no MP is struggling to pay bills.



6 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I'm glad you won't have any worries about keeping warm this winter...goodness only knows how we would fare if we had still been in Europe. Summer on its way here so stand by for moans about the heat.

Adullamite said...

Fly, I will survive OK, and the recent warm time has aided many. I can bear moans about heat, especially when there is frost on the windows.

the fly in the web said...

Come summer I think I need to train the dogs to act as punkah wallahs.
Some hope!

Adullamite said...

Fly, A rope from the ceiling attached to a fan sounds ideal for the dogs to play with.

the fly in the web said...

I can see them now, like kids in a playground, swinging round the room on the end of the rope.....

Adullamite said...

Fly, Tee Hee...