Wednesday 27 October 2021

Victorian Budget and Win 11


Windows 11 is sitting on my 'Upgrade' awaiting introduction.  I am not sure if I ought to go ahead with this, I am awaiting news of those who have downloaded it already and review their problems, and there will certainly be problems here.  
TechRadar has already offered help for those who have found difficulties.  It looks a good site for such problems.  There are many other similar sites out there, some however have too many adverts, some seek money, some are dodgy.  
My intention is to wait a bit, see how many folk suffer, and then install.  I suspect this will take all day to finish and then another day restore the lost items and working out what has gone missing.  Normal Microsoft work then? 


I had a bath the other day, and this was a mistake.  You see I normally shower but sitting in the bath I was able to scan around and in this manner noticed all the dirt that has accumulated since I last had a proper clean of this place.  It was not attractive.  So Monday saw me scrub the er, scum, from all around, and then plan to replace the filthy seal which has become somewhat degraded (somewhat!).
However, luck was with me and my dinner made me nauseous so I was forced to stop work.
Overcoming this took until the next day when I went over to the Garden Cafe to meet an old friend, I only have 'old friends' these days, for coffee.  There we did the honourable thing and took all the people we know apart, put the world to rights, and risked frostbite sitting in the gardens.  
To warm up we wandered and we cheerily greeted a volunteer gardener inside a large bush of some sort as we passed, his muffled answer was not quite so cheery, and wandered about the gardens enjoying the fruits of their labours.  We have rarely met, she has been making use of the new freedoms, in spite of Covid still existing, to meet all her old friends, and she has many!  When we worked at the museum have the day was taken up by visits of her old boyfriends!   It was nice to get out for a while.
 
     
This Billionaire Sunak was informing the House of how to increase the nations wealth today.  I did not look in.  Too much, far too much, has already been leaked to his friendly media, and they will always make it look good so I have a good idea of what would be said.  Tomorrow, once the clever people have looked it over, we will find out exactly how Sunak has avoided once again taxing his wife's £1.3 Billion company in which he has a share, yet increased charges for everybody else, especially the poorest.  I have realised I no longer require to seek information on Victorian life by researching the books on my shelf, I just need to look at what Boris and his cabal are saying and there it is right in front of me.
 
 

4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I could do without coming to ehe end of our days in the hands of fly boys and bloated crooks...

Dave said...

With so many millionaires in this government they are so out of touch with the general population and I strongly suspect that hardly anyone has any idea of what everyday household bills / expenses are.

My PC isn't compatible for a Windows 11 upgrade.

Adullamite said...

Fly, You put that so well. 'Fly Boys and Bloated Crooks!'

Dave, Quentin Letts, the political commentator from the press, was on TV apparently claiming he felt paying for the poor was a constant drag. (I paraphrase his words. He does however offer the true Tory voter approach, 'let them eat cake.'

I can have Win 11, but my spare machine, used at night, does not accept it. How long will Win 10 be supported?

Dave said...

Windows 10 will be supported until 2025.

Windows 11 needs something called a TPM to be enabled and your old machine may well have this but it just needs to be enabled. Luckily my PC has it and can be enabled.