Saturday 2 October 2021

Saturday Laptop

My spare laptop, the only one with a CD/DVD bit on it is so sIow and driving me mad.  So, having more money than sense I bought a new, cheap, spare one with a DVD/CD bit.  
I have spent HOURS installing everything I can find, including the Microsoft downloads, and then searching vainly for passwords for things I have added.  
It was lunchtime when I started and it is now getting dark!
Going between two laptops and my phone while checking emails, passwords, or whatever, does not increase one's mental wellbeing.  
Also, Microsoft, in their wisdom, insist on sending a security number at one point in the proceedings, this however does not arrive as my phone number is a landline!  That is too outdated for them.  Too late and bothered to insert my mobile number now, another task for tomorrow.
All however appears well so far, and naturally the DVD/Rom/CD is the one thing I have not yet tried!
Too late now, BBC Alba football soon starting.
 
ps. It's raining, and I have just looked out my heavy pullover!  October is here.
 

 

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

My laptop does not have a disc reader....the old one did, but I have to find a child to sort it out so that we can watch films when the internet goes down....again. I think the available child is overworked at the moment...

Adullamite said...

Fly, Indeed! There is a lack of children in the church at the moment, this has led to a lot of internet and mobile phone problems.