Saturday 30 October 2021

Dreich Market

Another glorious Satuday Market build up, another glorious wash out in the rain.  Tee Hee.  I just glanced at the prices as I passed, ignoring those that did not show prices, and went to the Museum where I found similar items reduced.  That is much more my cup of tea.
I only went out as the sun began to appear, soon to be drenched as it hid itself once again.  I had to visit the smiling staff at Tesco to fill a space or two, they smiled at me, grimmaced at the customers, as I foolishly jumped in behind two women and a man with a kid not used to shopping.  I could have walked home and had another breakfast in the time I waited, too late to move elsehwere.  
There again I was given a discount in the museum, but do not let the boss know. 

 
Pizza in the rain anyone?  
I made it home, missed the postman, redirected the parcel I missed, and ate the wrong things for lunch.
After that I went to finish sealing the bath.  I had scraped it out the other day, left it to dry, was unable to return to the job until today because of sloth other engagements and when I made use of the seal gun I found it was dead!  Too late in the day to go up the road and buy new seal, another job for Monday.  And I discovered my spare Laptop does not have the TPM required being 9 years old!
Rather typical of life innit?
So, it's back to watching T20 cricket until England appear to be winning against Australia.  So I turn it off and watch poor English football instead...  

3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Sounds like doing work here....where's the whatever it is? Oh, over here...oh, it's driedout/won't start/tub is empty....
Your market sounds like the 'entrepreneur' events here...total tat at eye watering prices.
As you did not eatch until the end, yes, England won.

Dave said...

It must be hard on the stallholders, how do you compete with the supermarkets.

When I go to markets I look for things that I cant get when I do a shop and then I dont mind paying their prices.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Most teams with reputatons look poor, India, SA and West Indies look poor.

Dave, Most items look home made, smll usiness begun during lockdown.