Wednesday 1 May 2019

Sold!

Edinburgh Castle and Esplanade (Burns 1868)
By courtesy of Edinburgh City Libraries

Today is a day of shame.
On this day in 1707 Scotland was sold to England by Peers ensuring their livelihood continued while the Scots people suffered.  For the next 50 years Scotland, and Edinburgh in particular struggled.  Only Scots grit and hard work brought change.
The Unionists among us, mostly reading the 'Scotsman' paper, a media that has long sold out to unionism, in spite of rumours that it's sub-eds are all down south somewhere.  All media i Scotland is English owned including the BBC which while based in Glasgow is dominated by the Labour Party and that is English led.
Missionary work took me here, and often I have been threatened by the natives, I know not why as I am such a nice chap, and understand the advantages of two nations working together for mutual benefit.  I know also that Scotland is considered as an addendum and nothing else.  What a waste of an opportunity.
It is time Scotland ruled itself.

    
I came across this representation of Robert the Bruce, King of Scotland.  I cannot find the link that gives details but I am convinced he looks like me and I wonder if in fact I am the rightful King of Scots?    
Just asking like...?
Note I say 'King of Scots' not 'King of Scotland.'  While Elizabeth claims to be 'King of England' the Scots King is King only of people, not the land.  English kings as you know grab all they can get.
Just saying like...

    

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Time for another Declaration of Arbroath...and a few smokies would not go amiss either

Adullamite said...

Fly, The best fish & chips I ever had came from Arbroath!