Friday 24 May 2019

Book, Theresa, Slippery...


In between hoovering the floor, ironing all my shirts bar one, pumping up the bike tyres in the hope my knees will let me use it this weekend, doing a little exercise also and sorting this and that I managed to find time to read a bit more of this book.  At times the author is pretentious, uses words that make me search the Thesaurus, and list eight or nine items when three would do and gives the impression he would be a bore if trapped next to him in a pub however I found I had to read on to finish the chapter which I had in my hand.Of course today I read about him walking the 'Broomway' of the Essex coast so there is always hope that the tide will come in and give a happy ending.
I think it is worth a look but in small chapters...

     
The fake smile has gone at last.  The media make a big thing about her tears but are they tears of sadness or is this the tears of an angry woman annoyed at being forced out from the job she feels entitled to?  I would have sympathy had I seen her tears for the people forced out of the country while leaving behind spouses and often sick relatives, or those making use of the food banks, or had she avoided wasting billions on Brexit while refusing to help a steel industry.  This vicar's daughter needs to read the Book of Amos now she is looking to sign on, I hope they offer her employment...

 
I have as yet not heard from him, possibly he is at the Bookies attempting to claim his winnings?  A man like him must have had a bet on when she would go.


5 comments:

the fly in the web said...

The Broomway has a certain reputation...

Kay G. said...

Hope you are never trapped next to me in a pub! Haha!

Jenny Woolf said...

I think we might be looking back at her with nostalgia when we have the next Tory PM. And I do think they were real tears, though what the cause is, I cannot guess.

Mike Smith said...

Some cracking photos there, Mr H.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Indeed, I would like to go see it.

Kay, Indeed!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny, Under Theresa I looked back to Cameron!

Mike, Ta much.