Tuesday 30 April 2019

Textiles...


It is textile time again and the lassies have been working hard at their exhibition.  I saw it for the first time today in between forcing holes in card for the kids next week.  Lucky for us it was a quiet day, the exhibition opened on Saturday and many women came along leaving it quiet for us.  


The picture cannot capture this long work but I thought it the best on show.  The marshes captured with cloth and paint.  I did not check the price but I did admire it.  Some of these girls are very good indeed. 



Not sure if this is intended to represent an actual place, I did not have time to read the blurb, but I thought it very clever, and large about 5 foot across. 



And I spoke to this one twice this morning!



The fact that life has returned to me in many ways is something I am very grateful for.  I still have odd bits hanging around but I am now exercising badly again and feeling guilty about the bad food I have shoved down my gullet.  Time to eat healthily...once that treacle tart that fell into my basket in Tesco today has been dealt with...
The sun shines, the weather will be better for a while, and things look up in the world.  Well apart from the usual floods in Africa, war in Central and South America, corruption in high places and Nigel Farage running another money making scam this time called 'Brexit Party.  Would you buy a used car off this man? 
The local elections soon and we have the usual Muppets appearing plus one or two others and too follow we will soon have EU elections, another money making few months for Farage with little change for us.  Hopefully there is change and even the Brexiteers fail to respond.  
In the meantime there is football....

    

3 comments:

Dave said...

Your choice of cartoons always amuses me. On the subject of textiles, years ago I went to an amateur dramatics play where snow scenes had been created from sheets, and it was very realistic.

the fly in the web said...

Very glad you are feeling better....makes even elections almost bearable.
That quilt was clever, but I liked the look of the marsh better. Does it gove you aspirations or are you sticking to your cardboard and pins?

Adullamite said...

Dave, Some of the creativity on show is marvellous. The prices are also!

Fly, I am tempted to visit the marsh and collect materiel...unless I get stuck in the mud...