Saturday 4 May 2019

The Glories of Spring!


The north wind has been hammering my windows all day.  Rain lashes against them every so often while elsewhere snow and ice, rain and hail aid people to enjoy their long weekend holiday.  
I am indoors. 
Now the sun shines brightly and after the wind has dies and the sun switched on the heat again we will be able to enjoy all the growth in the gardens round about.  I say 'we' but the man cutting the grass again might have a different opinion.


It is fascinating how people interpret the times.  The other day the vast majority of parties supporting Brexit were thrashed in the polls, the parties opposing Brexit obtained huge wins, today Theresa and Jeremy have decided that this means we need to 'get on with Brexit.'  I have discovered many others also wish to accept that is what the 'message' was, clearly it was not.  People will see what they wish to see and political leaders are no different.  It is interesting how many 'friends' I have made on the 'Daily Mail' forums however... Interesting also that insults abound but no arguments are forthcoming.  On one UKIP site I accidentally posted a picture of sheep and some folks were not happy abut this.  
Jenny made an interesting point in her comment on the last post re voting.

From what I've seen most people won't have a clue how to vote. What you really need to know is that the parties list their MEP candidates in order of preference. So you do a bit of research, google MEP candidates, choose your area, check out the candidate at the top of the list in EVERY party and choose which ever candidate's views you like the best. Then you vote for then, regardless of party. The second candidate might not get in if the party doesn't get many votes, so it has to be the top one if you want to be sure of having your views represented. I think that will be clear enough in the case of the Brexit party, but a pity that there is not a Remain party on the other side.


Unfortunately I have been forced to watch football on and off all day.  This is not my fault but being the end of season it means teams find out if they are 'going up' or 'going down' and in many cases this was unclear.  Clarity being established for many only the 'play-offs' await and these too can be intriguing.
However this meant I missed my life today.
I now have a backlog of work to catch up on and it is after 10 pm, this is annoying and I am beginning to wish they would schedule football matches at a more appropriate time for me!  
I might then get my life back.  

2 comments:

Dave said...

Thankfully Wales escaped the local elections, but we still have the MEP election to come, unless its all done and dusted by the 23rd. !!!!!
I watched football yesterday evening, Cardiff City's penultimate game in the Premiership. Really they didn't deserve/merit Premiership football.

Adullamite said...

Dave, Enjoy the MEP vote! Warnock is great at getting teams up but cannot get the quality or handle the top division.