Thursday 23 May 2019

MEP Vote


I went out today expecting to meet with foaming at the mouth wild eyed loons muttering "Farage for King" but when I entered the hall there was nobody inside!  Indeed instead of two tables only one was in place and on enquiring I discover no more had voted for an MEP than voted at the last election for a local councillor.  Shocked was I as I had anticipated the elderly 'Daily Express' reader would be desperate to vote.
So I made my choice (only one cross allowed today and that for a party, not an individual though all names were mentioned) placed it in the near empty box and was then forced to make coffee for the girl at the desk to keep her awake.
If this is reflected across the 'East' region then it will be 'remain' types who get in.  The usual mob were on the ballot paper plus 'Change UK,' the 'Brexit Party' and one independent who apparently wishes to teach us about 'Healthy living.'  I am not sure he will win...
Having then sat in the museum chatting to the young ladies before being turfed out as unwanted I perused the shops, spending little, and wandered home to upset the neighbours by doing the laundry and shaking the house, they were in when they ought to be out paying for my pension, serves them right!
I await the results of this vote with interest and hope that nice Mrs May stuffs her party before leaving by announcing a 2nd Referendum.  That will end things but it will possibly keep her in office for a while.  Boris will be upset.

There was more to say but I watched the Dundee United v St Mirren play off instead...  
 

4 comments:

Mike Smith said...

Dunno about stuffing her party but she has certainly stuffed her country...

the fly in the web said...

No swivel eyed loons about in your neck of the woods? What is the country coming to....

Adullamite said...

Mike, She will soon be off into the speech making world....

Adullamite said...

Fly, Plenty indeed but in hiding. I still await the results.