Sunday 5 May 2019

Busy Sunday


Raising myself out of bed by 7:30 I managed to be in church on time at 10:30.  The chill wind from the north was blowing while the sun failed to heat up the day.  I felt sorry for the three men working on the road works wrapped in dingy bright yellow outfits.  With Monday a bank holiday, the English love these, many were away yet it was surprising how many remained around town.


One of my women gave me a lift home, for which I was glad as my knees are stiff today, and this enabled me to see some football before hauling myself out again over to the gardens where another of my women had an event on.
Having written her dissertation on John Ray the famous botanist you have never heard off she has aided construction of a John Ray garden in the public gardens and the event was to bring this to kids minds even though the gardens have been there for years.  In fact I tell a lie she helps run them but the garden originated in 1986!  Fool that I am.
The event contained lots of activities for the kiddies, helped by mum, and in spite of the weather around 200 attended so this was a good deal in the end.  Just imagine if the sun had shone!  Anyway this took my knees for a walk and allowed me to discuss virii with her mum who has suffered as I have for months, she too lacks sympathy from those who should know better.   


I stole away in time to watch the Rangers v Hibs game but gave up at half time as Hibs, as usual were poor.  I instead watched Salford game victory enabling them to travel to Wembley for the play off final next week.  Play-offs are better than many games as the cup-tie atmosphere makes for mistakes and happenings.  One of today's events was Mr Rooney taking one of the last minute penalties and sending it into the sky, well worth £4000 a week to Salford City I say. 


Now, after such a day, I require a Monday holiday, I suggest eating fruit, meat and potatoes, drinking fine wines (which means going out to buy them so I might not), and doing something useful around the house... sleep I think!

 

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Glad the garden event was a success despite the weather....have chocolate bars really become that small!

Adullamite said...

Fly, Only the large ones!