Thursday 2 May 2019

Vote, Microsoft, Stupid!


Unlike yesterday morning when I climbed the highest hill, difficult around here, washed my face in the dew to keep my good looks and then found a Maypole to dance around for a while, all because it was the 1st day of May, all this before leading the 'Marx March for the Working Class,' a class he knew nothing about, today I merely voted.
This morning I wandered around the corner to the museum where my boss was in charge of the election workings.  I proffered my details, my driving licence (that I have never used since qualifying as I canny afford a car) and answered the inquisitorial questions "What is your address?" etc. 
then checked we had three votes and proceeded to the both where I made my choice. 

'Not him, not him, not him, not him, not him, not her, that leaves and independent about whom I know nothing, and independent ex-Labour (disliked Corbyn) councillor and a Green who has failed before and about which almost nothing is known.  What a way to run a democracy.


I was reliably informed that at mid morning a total of 28 persons had voted.  Of course having 7 an hour is not bad in some places for a local election but it was clear that the Brexiteers were not voting as there was no fascist standing in this ward.  Any neo-Nazi representing the Brexit Party or Ukip would have drawn out the little englanders today.  A great many are unhappy their fantasy has not arrived and economic depression arrived.  Not that they realised this would happen of course, Brexiteers thought all would be economic delight and the British Empire would return once more.
Spite has kept them indoors today.  Nobody representing their views, especially the Asian Tory, so they will not vote.  Usual excuses, 'My vote does not count,' 'It makes no difference,' etc, and while there is something in that view i still consider it important to vote even if none of them are worth voting for.  I am sure many councillors do attempt to do a job for the people and not all are taking fat backhanders so we must not be too down on the council I suppose.  There again there are those who know how to play a system...

   
I recently had a short Microsoft update.  I am not sure if connected but each morning something new arises.  For a few days 'Word' would not start, either restarting completely or footling about inside the machine was required to get it working.  Yesterday other things did not appear, today it would not connect to Wi-Fi.  It took for ever to get that going.  Maybe it is just me?  I look forward to whatever does not work tomorrow.  I wonder if my inability to spell words correctly can be blamed on Microsoft?  There appears to be a lot of red lines on this page...


Stupidity is possibly an inherited characteristic, I think so anyway.  You see I took pictures of the museum organic grown flowers this morning yet did not bother to check what the camera settings were.  Therefore all the colours were wrong and while I can use B&W for a polling pic I canny do that for flowers.  Subtle fiddling has not really done the job but it shows you do not need to be stupid to make mistakes, just forgetful I suppose.

 

6 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Would not be surprised to see regular Labour voters who voted to leave punish the party for the remain stance of its M.P.s....

Adullamite said...

Fly, Lots of punishment but we remain the same here!

Mike Smith said...

It's not just you, Mr H - believe me...

Adullamite said...

Mike, I keep thinking I'll try Linux or whatever its called. But the tech savvy bit worries me...

Jenny Woolf said...

It is interesting that both May and Corbyn have decided that losing all those votes to Remain parties is a strong hint that voters want a Brexit deal to be reached soon. Both have I think taken Goebbels' advice to heart about lying. Charming pair, aren't they. It will be interesting to see how things pan out at the European elections though. From what I've seen most people won't have a clue how to vote. What you really need to know is that the parties list their MEP candidates in order of preference. So you do a bit of research, google MEP candidates, choose your area, check out the candidate at the top of the list in EVERY party and choose which ever candidate's views you like the best. Then you vote for then, regardless of party. The second candidate might not get in if the party doesn't get many votes, so it has to be the top one if you want to be sure of having your views represented. I think that will be clear enough in the case of the Brexit party, but a pity that there is not a Remain party on the other side. Good luck with the computer stuff, I always avoid anything to do with it if possible. And the yellow flowers looked cheery, whatever colour they were supposed to be!

Adullamite said...

Jenny, That is very interesting. I must remember it for the Brexiteers around here in a week or two.