Saturday 1 December 2018

Damp & Dingy, so is the weather...


Lazing about this morning wasting my life away.  The rain fell continually and while not heavy dampened everything outside.  In the afternoon I strolled through the masses noting the food stalls unhappy about the lack of custom.  I was quite late and many were heading off but I think the rain has cut their joy tonight.


Selling a box marked 'Junk?'  Hmmm some would claim a touch of irony in there.  I dashed about in the small area called 'the town' and bought bread and cheese and hobbled home.  The Xmas cards are sorted, stamps added to most, three wee packets to wrap and post, possibly on Monday, and apart from local cards, no stamp needed, I am done for the Christmas year!  I do have to find food of course but a touch of custard and a tin of Spam and that will do me again.
My life is one long joy, does anyone wish to exchange?

2 comments:

Dave said...

Good on you for getting out. I find it hard to drag myself outside in this weather. The water tables should be filling up after all this rain.

Adullamite said...

Dave, Cycled the short way to church this morn. Blown down the way by the wind, harder returning.