Sunday 16 December 2018

Christmas Rush...


Advent is upon us, the clerics are wandering from Carol service to Carol service, schools and churches making demands on them at this time.  Shops are filled with the sound of 'Christmas music' almost all of which was written down in 'Tin Pan Alley' during the 1930's by Jewish writers satisfying the demands of Hollywood moguls.  There were none of those available during this mornings service!  
As I discussed matters of great importance with Gordon (His team's game was happily postponed by an icy pitch yesterday) the vicar approached us smiling.  This I knew from Gordon's look meant trouble.  He was correct and there was no way out of this, we now must attend next weeks Carol service as we will be doing a reading therein.  It is always difficult to refuse the demands of a woman who smiles.  Not that we had any choice of course.


Naturally enough having given out all the Christmas cards to church folks that I needed, including several over the internet to save money if not time, I found several from people whom I had forgotten.  I also discovered several over the internet also forgotten and may have to seek new cards
if this goes on!  Naturally I was also ensuring one young lady does not get caught up in the need to give cards, she found three awaiting her and will by now be scribbling replies.
I also realised I need something more for the girls at work, not that I will get much back from them! However that must be fixed tomorrow.  Whatever I do they will say was needless, if I don't they will wonder why?  Wimmen....



This at a time when I am attempting to catch up on all the books I bought this year from charity shops and through gift cards (two already arrived this year) and also attempting to work my way through the 'Spring clean' which has been unfortunately delayed somewhat again.  Christmas itself you will realise is a week and a couple of days away.  Are you ready for this....?



2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Never mind...Ne'erday's Eve will soon be upon us....

Adullamite said...

Fly, I will drink to that...