Tuesday 5 July 2016

Normal Day


Back to normal today.  
Busy morning tending to people who come to the museum to borrow things for other museums or discuss items from the recent deceased they will to donate, or a gas man wondering if he has to dig up the mains into the building.
All the usual stuff.
Oh and one young Star Wars Jedi came to see the exhibition and left happy to have stood near Darth Vader and some strange looking creatures I know nothing about.  I can recognise Superman and Batman, Spiderman and Darth Vader but some of these things are beyond me and my will to ask about.
Still it brings people in, brings in enough to pay for the exhibition (privately owned exhibits, owned by a Mr Luke Skywalker!) and during the summer hols will entertain the kids, the weirdos and no doubt we will enjoy it also.


The eyes on these creatures is quite something but my wee camera does not capture it properly.
Just wandering amongst them made me wonder about the people who think up the variety of creatures shown here.  Someone has to sit down and design them, where do they get their ideas from?  I know the models used in the film, the huge space ships, the flying things and the lights were all made somewhere in the UK, and when put into a film look brilliant.  


  
Not too sure about this creature, nor the lighting they have used on him!
What sort of superhero canny fly anyway?


7 comments:

carol in cairns said...

All very good. Is that you in red?

Lady Di Tn said...

Superheros in my day wore cowboy outfits. I do like a good Batman flick sometimes but the others are too far fetched to get involved with. Yes I have seen Star Wars but much prefer Star Track. However now days give me a good history show or historical shows and I seem to enjoy them as if I was a kid looking at Superheros. Peace

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh, fantastic exhibition, hope it gets in kids from all around.
Are any of them your colleagues? It can be hard to tell from photos sometimes ....

the fly in the web said...

Good grief!Faced with that I'd feel quite glad to go back to painting the walls.

Lee said...

You're looking great, Mr. Ad-Man...not a day older! But I couldn't pick which one was you!

Adullamite said...

Carol, Very good indeed, but no I am not in red, that is the manager...

Lady, We all needed heros back then, there are none now.

Jenny, None are colleagues, however the one in the corner reminds me of my sister...

Lee, Grrrr....

Adullamite said...

Fly, I didn't show the worst!!!