Wednesday 25 May 2016

Caesaromagus


An old picture chosen as the sun was shining then so long ago.
Today I trundled into Caesaromagus (Caesar's market place) and wandered through the shops surprised that the town was quite quiet.  I was also surprised when checking the prices in the popular shop called 'Primark.'  There jackets were on sale for under £30 and on the sale rack I noticed a reasonable one on offer at £10!  Jings!  Just a pity that as usual these things were the wrong size as they always are.
The thought crossed my mind that either 
a) the girls back in Bangladesh making these clothes are paid less than we think or 
b) the bigger shops are ripping us off big time!  Jackets elsewhere ranger from £69 to £365!!!
Of course it might be 
c) the workers are vastly underpaid and the shops rip us off.  
I reckon the last one comes closest.

Nothing else worth saying so...




5 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Probably c....though I must say that stuff I've bought from Primark lasts very well - unlike some pricier shops...

Lee said...

Someone, somewhere is ripping off someone somewhere everywhere, it would appear.

Adullamite said...

Fly, That's interesting! I wondered if it was cheap stuff but it all looked OK.

Lee, There is no doubt they are.

Jenny Woolf said...

I'm always a bit uneasy about buying clothes that are this cheap, because I think the factories often use child labour, although they shouldnt.'They do seem to get away with that kind of thing a lot.

Adullamite said...

Jenny, That's understandable but the ones charging high prices do the same! Just as in Victorian days if there were children working their wage, meagre as it was, keeps the family alive.