Sunday 15 May 2016

Bad News


The football season is over!
All that is left are the dregs of competition, cup finals, play-offs, and the like.
I could be sat here at nights seeing spiders rather than football!
I suppose there are the foreign Johnnies, Australia andChina for example, and the European Championship will start soon but really these are not my lot we are talking about.  My lots start in June or July, almost weeks away!
In the past the footballs eason ended in May.  The cup final was followed by the Scotland v England match and all stopped for three months.  I hated that time!  No football and nothing to do.  I was so glad when August came and football restarted with one pre-season game against local opposition.  On one occasion the Heart of Midlothian first team took on the reserves, that was the pre-season!
Today clubs travel around, play a host of teams, starting with small ones and building up to big ones just before the off.  This year Hearts begin their season with a European game somewhere or other and pre-season starts in June!  
Still, it's a long time to wait....

 
It would have been lovely to get out and about in the almost sunshine like world today but I was so busy.  After a very enjoyable church service this morning, using balloons to make emoticons to help folks understand Pentecost (It would never happen in the 'Wee Frees') I wandered past the wee kids playing very organised football with few shouts from the parents.  When we were that age we just ran about, this lot are organised and now their positions.
Getting home for a vegetarian lunch, there was nothing else, I then proceeded to watch several football matches.  Some of them rank rotten but at least they were available.
Looking around I noted so many things that require attention so have put that off until tomorrow, again.  This means tomorrow will be busy so I had better have a long lie in the morning and rise about ten so I have eneergy to do all that requires doing.
Of course most of you will be working but I will think of you all as Monday progresses...

 
 Does Tony Blair know of this guy...?


3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Balloons and the Wee Free...? I shall have to sit down...

Lee said...

Oh, dear!!!!

Adullamite said...

Fly, It takes some imagining...

Lee, Sarky...