Saturday 17 December 2022

Success Saturday!


I am flushed with victory!  I went out, trudged manfully, and lower than ever, across the wild Arctic like landscape (That will be flushed away by the rain tomorrow), avoided the penguins and polar bears said to be in the neighbourhood, posted my last card, collected money from the 'Hole in the wall,' and made it home again without falling over.  
OK, I admit that the council have cleared much from the town centre, that some roads are so busy they are almost clear, but still, I promenaded happily and spent not a penny!  This in spite of the temptation of shops and stalls that are out on the make.  Home to dump the cap, gloves, big boots and big coat, to eat lamb chops (reduced), drink tea and await the football at 12:30.  


Nothing else happened.
I fell asleep....


2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Glad to hear that conditions are improving....no need for the cross country skis, then....
Costa Rica happy that Argentina won....beer lorries rolling again.

Adullamite said...

Fly, No surprise that Costa beer drinkers are happy.