Monday 26 December 2022

Boxing Day 2022


I have no idea how I got fat, I ate only morsels and chose carefully at that.  Possibly all those puddings made a difference...?
Anyway, I had a good Christmas Day.  A trudge down to the Kirk, here I handed out chocolate to the ladies and miniature whisky to the men, I had promised them all a bottle of whisky for Christmas...
I felt welcomed, even before this, and obtained a lift home easing the walk, and enjoyed a decent lunch.  It was good day I must say.
Today, I remained indoors eating a veg type diet.  I need more veg and mostly that was called for today.  Very enjoyable, if you put cheese on the top!  
A walk round yesterday revealed a very quiet scene.  Today is no different, apart from kids making use of scooters, bikes and who knows what few are about bar dog walkers.  Traffic is sparing, and while one or two shops may open today most will be closed until tomorrow.  In big towns many will crowd into shops for bargains, as if they were indeed 'bargains.'  Having no obvious needs to purchaser and no desire to be ripped off I remain indoors quite happily.
However, news come through of most spending required.  My nephew has just had a baby, or at least his girl has.  Two kilo's in weight and looking fine.  This requires more spending on uncle's part, though I am glad to say uncle's nearer at hand will do all the work, thankfully they are 200 miles away from me!
Once again I will trust the Royal Mail to deliver, sometime in the next four weeks!  Another girl on the family, her cousin now 18 months old, and her arrival gives all the women something to purr about.  That is, they also are miles away and not called upon to do anything!  Purring is best done from a distance.
Nothing else has happened.  Other than the router playing up, speed down to 13 at times, other times it is slower.  Something must be done but all are on holiday.  Ah well, Wednesday maybe.  I may have to visit Tesco in the morning, I expect it will be full of people desperate for things they do not require alongside the few they do need.  I may be one of them.  


I hope my readers have had a decent Christmas.  Commemorating God taking human form is always good, and celebrating the solstice at the same time also worth while.   Jesus was probably born in March or April but as that is too near Easter it cannot be remembered then can it?  I hope your family gatherings were enjoyable and fun.
My family appear a bit disparate at this time, so many going in different directions to visit people who must be visited makes one day together difficult.  I must get up there one day however, just to annoy them.   However, when their cards and gifts eventually arrive I will love them more.  I need the socks...
Happy Christmas...


2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

If you have a whisky miniature spare that could be a good present for the baby...or its parents, though they would probably need a full bottle to get a night's sleep. Leo's granny used to give him a teaspoon of kummel at night...mine a teaspoon of whisky, thus ensuring a good night for all.

Adullamite said...

Fly Hee Hee! I think dad would have more than the babe!