Tuesday 12 April 2022

Hosework

 
Very enjoyable Monday evening last night.  The SPAM meeting, the St Paul's Men's Meeting, took place in the usual dwelling and we spent an enjoyable couple of hours putting the world to right.  I must say that no politician arrived to consider and accept our opinions, mostly ignorant, but none the less we made them clear, and indeed loud!  Russia, local public houses that no longer exist, traffic congestion, and who's round is it anyway?  
At this point I left for home.
Home was clean last night.  As my niece is expected to arrive soon I have been forced into a Spring Clean, we canny have the baby in the usual routine dusty atmosphere.  So I began the tidy up yesterday morning.  This included sorting out the shelves of foto albums, re-aranging them, amending the tv, which I never watch layout, fixing the VCR which does not work, and still doesn't, hoovering, spider web removing and falling exhausted to the floor.  So, one corner of the room is finished, but smells a bit, today I fix the stuff under the desk.  
I may be a while...  


I fixed the stuff under the desk, well, most of it.  I hoovered the couch, finished the floor, moved this and that, packed bags for the charity shops, and my aching back decided that this is indeed a job for women!   
Lions, often referred to by the name Leo you will note, have the right idea.  They pick the best woman, she takes the girls hunting, Leo eats most of it, then sleeps for 14 hours a day, interrupted only by the kids.  
Now that is my idea of life...
 

 

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

That piece about the habits of lions seems rather familiar...

Adullamite said...

Fly, Tee Hee...