Monday 4 April 2022

Election Gas!

On May 5th there is a local election.  I still have not worked out if it affects me as yet.  This is a shame as I like to vote.  These local elections are a bit of a waste of time, round here the Tories always win!  You would think that with the mess Brexit has made of everything, with Boris and his 'Partygate' crimes, with 180,000 dead from incompetent Covid handling that the Tories might suffer, however, they will still win round here.  Encouraging housebuilding appears a good thing, but only the Tory voter can afford the £450,000 for a house!  Even rents of one bed properties, such as the one below, are near £800 a month!  How can anyone buy, or indeed rent these days?  
The mess in the country, the NHS sell off, and the Tory voter needs them more than the young, Brexit, and Boris's lies do not appear to have lessened the Tory vote enough.  The Ukraine ramblings have won Boris some votes, but while many will not vote in protest most will, sufficient to win this area again.
Many are happy with Boris, many support his er, policies.  Many want him to stay hoping all will be all right in the end, so they vote.  You can see the vote holding up in recent by-elections, some seats lost, but not many, in others the Tory vote has increased!  It is all very worrying.


I sent in my Gas meter reading in Friday, though I used the link they offered rather than the main unworkable site.  Today I was asked for a meter reading. 
This is considered to be a regular post rather than a real request and I almost ignored it.  However, in the rain, I took a reading.   I then attempted to post this but the new password demanded under great strife on Friday did not work!  So once again I spent time trying to insert a new password, one that did not work, one that was incorrect, the same one which worked but did not match....eventually it all worked and I entered the numbers from Friday rather than today, not that it makes much difference.  In a month or so I am moved onto the next tariff, this one runs out then, I await the new high price and begin to stock up on foodstuffs now!


3 comments:

Dave said...

BG sent me an estimate of the expected increase , eye watering. Food prices are creeping up as expected as everything comes by road.
When I was in school I remember the train companies didn't regard road hauliers as a threat but more of a feeder for the rail network to bulk carry. How things have changed.

the fly in the web said...

Locsl government does not have much autonomy any more....and what money ithas seems to go on high salaries and pensions for its bosses.

Adullamite said...

Dave, Aye BR used to have many delivery lorries. BRS lorries were also abundant then.

Fly, Indeed, Private Eye mentions them in every issue.