Saturday 9 April 2022

Boris, Police, Sleep...

I spent much time considering what to do when I rose last night.  Every time I woke I found myself wondering what to wear, how to move, and whether to bother.  This occurred each time I woke, and I woke frequently for some reason,  checking the time, turning over, wishing I could get back to that good dream.
When I woke my plans fell apart.  
I had been thinking today would be Sunday and it remains Saturday even now!  The keeping track of days is getting harder!  I might have to get one of those digital clocks that detail the time, day and month, better add the year in also, just in case...
 

Boris had gone to Ukraine for a Photo Op! 
As the female leader of the EU Ursula von der Leyen, has moved around the streets in Ukraine showing solidarity with the plight of the people, as the EU and US have sent massive support regarding weapons and other items, Boris was left out.  So he had to make a special trip to show he was still PM and Sunak should back off supporting the fight against Russian aggression (though Russian money may have paid for the trip).  It appears he is not moving around their streets however, the coward.
The EU and US and many other nations have removed many Russian 'diplomats' from their embassies.  Scotland had cosed the Russian Consulate, but the UK has not returned any Russian 'diplomats' so far.
Maybe they know where the loot is?
Tee Hee, his followers will be fooled, they rest of us will not.
 
 
Cressida Dick leaves her post as leader of the Metropolitan Police (Basically the London Police) and I find it interesting to compare the responses to this.  Some are glad, because she has not brought justice into No 10 Downing Street (and I am with them), some grumble about the bad reports of police crime (and I am with them) and some police officers are grumbling because they reckon that in spite of this she was doing a good job.  
Such police too grumble at double standards and criminal police officers, while being upset that the good work done daily all over the capital is ignored, especially the knives they face, the horrors at crime scenes, road accidents, fires, and the many difficult situations they confront hourly, all this on a poor wage and short satff, and they appreciate her support for them.  I am with the police here.  Who would confront a gunman, or a madman with a sword?   Who else would interfere with drug sellers or domestic cases?  Who is first port of call for the mentally ill?  This is now taking up much police time, but no-one report this.  Who do you call if there is trouble if not the police?
Better wages, more officers, removing the absurd university requirement (Thames Valley Police have done this now), and better journalism may help the police, especially when 'Stop and search' is in the news.
But that does not make for a story...  


No comments: