Thursday 21 April 2022

Another Boring Day

 

How unusual to have no need to rush today.  Instead I sit here, fed and watered, while others rush past to work at pace, an occasional bus ferries its anxious load to the bus station, overhead Ryanair takes a mixture of businessmen and frolic seekers to Nuremberg or Turkey, the aircraft glinting in the bright sunshine.  A well breakfasted wood pigeon settles down in the tree branch opposite to warm up in the sun, in the distance a faint chainsaw like sound indicates work is continuing on the latest council white elephant, while dog walkers find hard work in leading their small dog in the direction they wish to go, but are failing miserably.  Another day has started, the workers employed, the 'elder citizens' less so, as it ought to be.  I spend a few minutes wiping the new oven, something it is unlikely to get used to, and contemplate the day ahead.  Rising at dawn is fun but leaves me asleep by lunchtime.
I decided to return the empty bottles to the recycling bins.  These stand helpfully in Sainsburys car park, helpful to Sainsburys more than to people I imagine.  Being lazy I lifted the lid and dumped my collection in noisily.  The clattering of glass reminds me of a normal Saturday night in Glasgow.
Foolishly I wandered into town, rather than the other way to cross the park.  This meant I found myself in tesco buying milk, and one or two other bits.  All this because I wish to try out the new oven!  
However, the best bit of the day was sleeping after lunch.
Why is it the sleep at midday is always more satisfying than the one we have during the night?   Especially when during the night I awoke at 4:55 and could not sleep until 6:30 when I gave up and rose.  This meant all morning while the sun shone I wearily went through the routine, awaiting lunchtime snooze.  No doubt I will not sleep tonight because of this!
So, another boring day to report.  Tomorrow will be similar as I need to rest my aches again.  Such joy to look forward to.
Oh, and I notice that the great revolt of Tory backbenchers has meant the Tories withdrew from opposing the Labour motion forcing Boris to appear before the House Committee.  Boris has lost far too many backbenchers, including one or two of the ERG, and this looks bad for him.  It may all fall apart soon.


4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Currently rising at 5.00 am to ensure that puppy calling cards are left outside rather than in the house....roll on the day when they, like the older dogs, prefer to stay in bed...
Still, at least breakfast is over and done with before the chaps arrive to start work for the day at 7.00 am...
I would like a post lunch nap...but it is time to cook for and feed the dogs,
and by the time that is cleared up supper is on the horizon...no wonder I collapse into bed by 7.00 pm...
A great life if you don't weaken.

Adullamite said...

Fly, I am glad the dogs liek you, otherwise life would be rough. Tee Hee. Summer sees me rising at 6:30 again, but summer has not risen yet.

Jenny Woolf said...

Actually it does not sound boring, it sounds rather nice!

Adullamite said...

Jenny, After the couple of weeks I have hadit was a change.