Wednesday 19 January 2022

Cyclists Boris...

 
If you look carefully between the branches you can just make out lots of lycra and Hi-vis jacket clad cyclists.  They gather here, helmeted all, before making off towards the old railway line and heading who knows where.  There always appears to be a fair number off them and clearly they are happy to gather week by week in this way.  Personally I am not sure I would like to be part of such a throng, especially as I would lag behind everyone, and possibly on my own or with one or two others it might be more sociable as there would be more chance to veer off in your own choice of direction.  Not that this matters today, my bike has not been touched for two years now.  At least I avoided cycling with the wind and possible rain falling today.  The trees are shivering, the gray clouds keep passing by, the cyclists were all well dressed for such weather but sitting here with my feet over the heater I am happy enough today.  
 

His days are numbered but he is still here, lying, acting, bluffing, refusing responsibility, and awaiting the ERG killing him off, once they have their man in their pocket.  I still say that if I were he I would call an election.  The Polls say Labour would win, however, Boris can claim many loyal Tory voters outside of the House, they will follow him still.  Many are disillusioned but others loyal yet.  For Boris it may mean the loss of some of the ERG, one or two of them will fall, it may keep him in a job.  I doubt he will be so brave however, sadly this will continue for a few weeks yet.
 


3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Isn't the five year parliamnt act still in force? The one to reassure the Lib Dems when in coalition with Cameron?
Something else Boris was supposed to repeal....

Dave said...

His nick name at Eton was apparently "the greasy piglet", now we all know why.

Adullamite said...

Fly, I believe so, they talk as if the next one is 3 years away. But that can change surely?

Dave, 'Greasy Piglet' is just right.