Wednesday 23 December 2020

Dreich Day

 
 
Dreich Day indeed.
It poured this morning, encouraaging grass to grow and weeds to sprout.  Suddenly, in spite of the weather forecast, it stopped when it ought to have been pouring down.  So I visited Tesco for the last time, met a grumpy staff member and a happy manager, stumbled home with my loot, mostly for others rather than myself, and settled down to await the postman.
Naturally, when he came he was in Teir 4 attitude and refused to ring the bell in case he catches a virus from it.  He must have knocked but I canny hear that, even though I was looking for him!  So while one measly routine letter arrives my neices expensive parcel has gone back and will not be re-delivered until Tuesday!  Bah!  He will hear about this!   (The word 'expensive' is not meant to be taken literally)
 
 
The Dreich day is not improved watching that Mr Hancock placing more people in Teir 4 while not acknowledging his guilt.  The Tories have been lying about the number of Lorris awaiting Ferries, only 170 one claimed, while 1500 others claimed where blocking the roads.  Some say several thousand now lie full of rotting perishables near Dover.  
What exactly are the benefits of Brexit...?


4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

By the sound of this you'd better break out the rum!

Adullamite said...

Fly, I hear and obey...

Dave said...

Yesterday in Cardiff the rain was biblical, some flooding. Enjoy the rum and have a good Christmas.

Adullamite said...

Dave, I'm enjoying the rum, but keep falling over...