Wednesday 30 December 2020

Moon Wednesday

 
This 'impressionist' capture of the moon (by 'impressionist' I mean 'blurred.') Is the only photo today.  Apart from a run to a busy Tesco, never go near at lunchtime, for milk I have not had the energy today to do anything.  All the overeating has caught up with me.  The half stone I had lost has halved and weight is gaining on me, not that the Christmas cake had anything to do with that, it was only a small one, well, both of them were, but too much of the chicken has affected me.
Many are back at work yet the county is quiet.  Most remain indoors, but will they do so next week when almost normal life returns?  I think my neighbours are working but many have closed down for the week.  

 
This scruffy creature is the man responsible for the new 'Deal' which from January 1st will make this nation poorer.  No PM since Walpole has gone out of his way to make the country impoverished rather than wealthier than this man.  All this for his ego, all this just to be PM!  This liar, this fraud, this cheat has destroyed the lives of millions by his selfish gain.  I look forward to Scotland's coming independence, to Northern Ireland joining the Republic, and Boris running (with his cash) for the nearest fridge in which to hide.
The Commons voted for the Deal like Lemmings going over the cliff by 521 to 73.  Labour, or 'Tory 2' as they ought to be called, went along with their gangster pals and fell at Boris's feet.  No matter that opposing the Deal meant little, they ought to have stood up against it.  One day they will have a Leader, One day they will have a policy.
 
 

 

4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I listened to the the Commons...I listened to the Lords....so much verbiage about nothing and no one with the guts to say 'No...we need to read this'.

Dave said...

It wouldn't surprise me if Boris orchestrated this last minute agreement and so leave no time for a proper review of the document. In all fairness to Labour I dont think there was any choice but to agree it as a no deal would have been economic disaster for the country. Boris's statement of we now have the cake and eat it will come back to bite him.
Anyway political ramblings aside have a Happy New Year, no partying mind!

the fly in the web said...

I trust you are not thinking of following two small Christmas cakes with two small black buns for New Year...

I watched proceedings in both Houses on the box yesterday - well, it's bettter than working - and it came to me that there was no one prepared to stand up and demand proper scrutiny of the 'deal'. All the hot air about parliamentary supemacy, and not one of the blind mouths prepared to do anything about it. Fear of the deadline and no deal? Nonsense. Either you have supremacy or you don't and if you don't work to keep it then you lose it...which Parliament has with its weak minded capitulation to the government over emergency powers.

Adullamite said...

Fly, 73 voted against. Today 2 more Labour front benchers stepped down. Few will oppose anything, keeping the job is what counts.

Dave, Boris indeed ensured no time, that is his way. The party may go ahead, if I lock the door, all the best to you and yours.

Fly, No Black Bun sadly. I could not watch parliament these days. I just get angry.