Tuesday 29 December 2020

Bored or Confused?

Amazing as it is, I am bored.
Yes, I may have 12 books to read but I am not in the book reading mood.  I wish to go outside and wander in the sunshine, except there is no sunshine, again!  A wander today would only be over the usual paths anyway.  And this bores me.  I have been over them countless times and it is an empty town with few highlights missed.  There is nothing new in this small town, nothing new to photograph, nothing new to see bar continuing road works and a needless white elephant building erection, nothing that is not boring!
Some people like Suza can wander along the same paths and fine many differing photographs and sights.  Some can find sunshine at Christmas!  Here, lacking transport, lacking a bus service just now because of Tier 4, here we can only dawdle around the same old places, freezing to death and being bored by it all.
Now I do not wish any crazy adventures to appear, although having a nice building fire, attempted murder/bank robbery or such would create interest.  Instead we have the traffic to Sainsburys, the freezing postman telling me the man in the Frame next to him has Covid (I do not expect to see him again this year) and an occasional dog walker passing by.  A boring place, not made exciting by doing the Laundry, although it appears my neighbours were in so maybe it excited them?  The week between Christmas and New Year is boring when Tier 4 traps us all indoors.  
However, reading Twitter I see how important this is!
This morning Twitter was stuffed with Medics of various types demanding help from this government, lack of equipment, lack of staff, and a huge increase in Covid patients.  Instead some media emphasis the emergency 'Nightingale Hospital' is being closed.  It is closing because this was another balloon from Boris, a new hospital but no-one to staff it!!!  Now all NHS are overburdened and Boris has disappeared.  No change there!
 
Bored?  Confused now.  One of my delightful, intelligent, talented nieces has decided to take a family photograph and have it made into a Jig-saw for me.  This sounds a clever idea, and in truth it really is clever.  However, the main colour is dark, little is light, and as it concerns several people posing before the launch of the Queen Mary in 1936, once she had been fitted out, it has awkward bits all around.
She thinks she is clever, and indeed she is, however, I am beginning to have somewhat rougher thoughts concerning her now.  In my mind jig-saws are things I last got occupied with back in the 70's, and not for long then. I have not forgotten the tricks to doing them, find the corners, look for the edges, but I am beginning to believe she has removed a corner and hidden some edges!  Anyway, it has been put aside for feeding time.  I will finish it tomorrow...
 

4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Hie thee hither...you can chase sheep, try the local guaro, ride shotgun with our neighbour - wielding his mobile phone app while he evades the traffic police - help place huge concrete tubes across a stream, enjoy the banter at the farmers' market, chase sheep again, discover several dogs in your bed as you wake at 5.00 a.m. to start the day...
What's stopping you?

Adullamite said...

Fly, Suddenly I find I am not so bored after all...

Dave said...

What about the parks and the local nature trails, there's always something interesting I'm sure. The minutia of boredom can often be interesting!

Adullamite said...

Dave, Indeed, but I have been over them so often. Real nature trails are too far away for me now.