Saturday 3 June 2017

Sleepy Sunlit Saturday


My refined 16 stone bulk required some beauty sleep today.  Having spent a busy week I needed to do nothing and that is almost what I accomplished.  Naturally I awoke at 5:15 in the morning, I do when I need sleep, and rose to contemplate my breakfast.  I would have contemplated it better if there had been more bred, why do I always run out of it on a Saturday?


Later in the day as I crossed the park I noticed the light was different.  I tried to capture it but the light was so clear, almost like the light found at the seaside where it bounces of the water giving a different 'feel.'  This struck me forcibly even though my brain was fogged.  In spite of the warmth of the day few were about and while I was out late in the afternoon I expected to see more people about.  Maybe we are not used to sun?


The evening was spoiled somewhat by Real Madrid winning the European Champions League.  I had rather Juventas won but in truth this competition means little to me.  We are forced to see this as the pinnacle of the game yet I watched several play-off matches which were more entertaining and more interesting to me.  I do not identify with Juve or Real, even though I fancy Barca.  I want to see my team, my league and more of that, not overrated players in a fantasy league that has drifted away from the people.  This competition takes priority but not to me it doesn't, it is time for a change.




6 comments:

Lee said...

So sad now, after such a lovely day, to be hearing and watching the news of the latest horrific attacks in London/

I woke up to the news this morning...our time...Sunday morning...it's not something one wants to hear again...and again...and again....

Why does hate seem an easier emotion to some than love?

the fly in the web said...

Peace reigns in this house...South Africa beat Sri Lanka; Higher Authority is happy. Not that he likes cricket, he just likes South Africa to win and he hasn`t liked anything about Sri Lanka since his time there when the Tamils were being exterminated.

the fly in the web said...

I forgot to ask...where are you in that photograph of the museum volunteers which went up on FB? Not the figure hiding behind the women, I hope...

Suza said...

Vera nuce. I knee it. Na das begab normal at 5 o Click in the morning and it ist a pitty... on the weekend I awake without clock at 5 o clock.
Best regarss

Adullamite said...

Lee, Human nature which we all possess never changes.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Bias is unusual in sport!

Fly, er...maybe aye, maybe naw...