Sunday 6 July 2014

I Got Sole....



Or at least I aint got sole.  As my feet ached as I walked it came to my attention the problem might have something to do with the soles no longer being of any use to anyone! This is annoying as these shows now fit my feet, or is it the other way around? Comfortable, waterproof unless it rains, and clearly fashionable, oh yes they are.  I suppose I will have to use the 'Sunday Best' shoes from now on, once I have wiped the dust from them. Things under the bed get very dusty I find.   

Only three more World Cup games to go.  One more week I reckon before normality returns.  I sat in front of the TV at five today and was somewhat shocked to find there was no more games!  Only the semi-finals and final to come. I began to see spiders after a while, then realised there were spiders on the telly!  I really must dust more. The 'Tour de France' which is running about Yorkshire at the moment is a nice alternative.  Watching the knees bending is very tiring to me but the scenery, without rain at that, is magnificent!
Tomorrow the 'Tour' comes past our way.  Two overcrowded miles up the road the race will flash past, except when crossing the humpback bridge with a sharp right turn, and ignore the crowds stuffing themselves with hamburger from the stalls ll over the fields in the village.  I should have gathered all the England flags thrown out by loyal fans after the World Cup games and taken them up there to sell!   I will watch on TV, I will see more this way.

Three weeks till our Great War exhibition opens.  We still have five weeks work in hand!!!  Lummy, as they used to say....





10 comments:

Lee said...

At least I can get some sleep now, even if you're unable to do so for another week. I was awake until aroud 3.30 am this morning watching the men's final at Wimbledon!! I'd liked to have seen the Fed-Express win, but there is no taking it away from Djokovic...he is a worthy champion. Fantastic game...both were brilliant.

Talking about dust....I've just dragged out my vacuum cleaner, and I have to dust it off before I put it to work shortly. I think this place will fall apart in shock once I start it up! I know my two furry rascals will! Perhaps I should just ease into it....

the fly in the web said...

Very sorry for Costa Rica dropping out....but once the team fly home and we have the obligatory week's celebration of that it is faintly possible that civil servants will return to their offices and do some work....

Carol said...

They look like nice shoes ~ well moulded and very comfortable. Don't you hate that ~ when shoes don't last and you have to then go and find another pair and wear them in?

Adullamite said...

Lee, Luckily I never saw a second of the tennis, I was having a life! :)

Fly, Back to work already....?

Carol, It will take years I tell thee!

Lee said...

Yeah! Yeah! I believe you, although millions wouldn't...and you can't see the smirk on my face! ;)

alan1704 said...

Cycling has changed since my day, then you had a basket on the front where you could put your lunch. I blame all this lycra.

Adullamite said...

Alan, You delivered for the Bakers shop?

Lady Di Tn said...

I enjoy the tour better than the World Cup. Why, as you say, I get to see such lovely scenery. Also, if I am listening, I learn something new. BTW I love the announcers and often think it would be fun for them to come to the South and announce a Nascar Race. LOL. Peace

Adullamite said...

Lady, You can have all our commentators!

Unknown said...

One would think that your sole should be more holey after all of these years. Perhaps that is being too judgmental? Nope, I didn't think so.