Saturday 19 July 2014

Flutterby



This boy has been sat here on my bathroom wall for three days now.  Sitting there, face down, as if he expects to be fed somehow.  What is he doing there? The door, a large wooden thing that fills a hole, is wide open, leaving a large empty hole through which he can leave, this is positioned only six inches from his face, yet he stays there.
His mate flew in the other night and fluttered about for a while in the bedroom banging his head on the window before he worked out to go through the open bit.  He flew out to join several other butterfly's fluttering by and yesterday there appeared to be a great many of the things around.  This can only be good as the beasties are suffering a lot with the muck we pollute the air with.
I may however have to call the bailiffs in for this visitor.


The BBC iPlayer is down!  It is impossible to get programmes to arise!  How can I live without listening to something I could not hear when originally broadcast? This great boon to mankind now lying broken somewhere in White City or wherever is more important than anything else to those of us off an intellectual bent.  And I have often been informed my intellect is very bent indeed!  I was listening to the 'Essay' on Radio 3 and it would not work. Last weeks was about the first world war and offered interesting insights as to how it effected people in various nations today, very clever programmes.  This week we have had A.L. Kennedy talking about Scotland!  You would not wish to miss this!  I canny agree with Kennedy on some things but I find her short talks very interesting and clever. Well worth a listen, once the blasted thing comes back up that is!!! Bah!!!  


No iPlayer and it's back to this.....


7 comments:

Lee said...

Perhaps he's lonely and in need of a friend...

Carol said...

I still have not tuned my television in since moving, so relying totally on catch-up mode via the Internet. This last week we didn't have Internet access thanks to congestion in the network ~ so I went back to music and books.

the fly in the web said...

I hope that the BBC will extend expiry dates as otherwise there are going to be things I will miss thanks to their inability to run an IT whelk stall...it has never been the same since they changed a format which worked well.
And if I can't get the Test Match tomorrow the thundering noise you hear across the Atlantic will not be Volcano Poas having a hissy fit...it will be me!

Adullamite said...

Lee, he needs a feed by now.

Carol, How can you cope in such circumstances! ?

Fly, You might get live progs, no sign of iplayer as yet.

Unknown said...

The butterfly has obviously been exposed to too much of the nerve gas you manufacture in your bathroom. Has any of your brilliant BBC programs informed you of the fact that the idea for mustard gas first dawned on someone hit in the face with the lingering effects from someone like you? No, they wouldn't do that on account of national security interests, and there you are making much worse stuff than mustard gas!

Adullamite said...

Jerry, I make cash selling this to Arabs.....

Jenny Woolf said...

Lay him out a tempting crown cap full of sugar water and see what he does