Saturday 3 August 2013

Trauma!



Trauma!  That's the only word.  Happy as Larry (who he?) I skipped cheerily across the park, speaking to white butterflies as they bitterflied by, smiling at passersby (which stops them hanging around near you) and wallowing in the bright sun when it popped its smiling head out between the clouds.  
Then it happened!
I put my hand in my pocket and realised I had left my wee camera behind!
Shock!
It has been so long since I obtained this wee camera and I carry it always.  Now however it was not there, the pocket was empty, the camera snuggled in my jacket pocket, the very ageing jacket I was not wearing.  I stopped, I stared, sweat, cold and eerie, rolled of my forehead.  There was, I knew, nothing to photograph, I have done this town a hundred times, but I needed the camera in my pocket or I was naked, and that is not a sight to admire. My hands began to tremble, dizziness swung me this way and that, my heart beat awfully fast, spiders crawled across my vision my vision. 
I began to sob.
The decision had to be made, do I continue my journey or return all the way back home, just under a hundred yards away?  There was no choice but to return.  I turned, the trembling and sobbing died away, my head cleared, the perspiration eased  and I walked into a spiders web. How sticky is that stuff!
Armed and content, with my wee camera rubbing against my life savings off 32 pence I smiled once again and headed into the bustling town.  I was bustled back and forth as I toured the charity shops, checking the jackets on offer.  One almost fitted, but as usual these shops only stock jackets that are just exactly the wrong size for me.  The nice woman in the shop agreed rather too keenly that my body may be the wrong size.  Hmmm.

As expected nothing happened.  There were no photo opportunities to speak off, all had been seen before, I need to move elsewhere, to a different town, and so I returned just in time to listen into the Scottish football on the Glasgow based 'Sportsound.'  Yes indeed the season has opened once again, with an excellent game last night between Partick Thistle and Dundee United, and once again I find myself involved with such games much more than I could be with the costly English game.  If it didn't rain so much I might go back there!

.

7 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I was hoping you'd quickly photograph your face after you found the camera again, before the shock had worn off.

Adullamite said...

Jenny, If I had that picture I would keep it till halloween!

Lee said...

Larry is Bob's brother...you know Bob, Bob's your uncle.

I hate it when withdrawals set in!

Adullamite said...

Lee, My withdrawal has just left me.....

Unknown said...

I'm with Jenny, and Halloween is not all that far away. Besides, is this not a holiday that you celebrate early and often?

By the way, I had no idea that Larry is Bob's brother, nor that Bob is your uncle. Although, I find it rather curious that he would be happy about that... Anyway, thank you for clearing that up, my dear Lee!

Adullamite said...

Jerry, Larry may be Bob's brother but there is no Larry in our family.......I'm lost now.......

Lee said...

Ring Bob - he might go and pick you up, Adullamite and take you over to Larry's place. He's pretty happy over there!