Saturday 10 August 2013

Saturday Entertainment



Summer Saturdays in small market towns brings out the varied entertainments that are on offer. The word 'entertainment,' depends on your age, openness and indeed desperation!   Here we see the 'Rock Choir' doing their thing.  A large group of "cough" 'young' folks who clearly enjoy such activity.  In my mind they were more 'Middle of the Road Pop,' but had they been headbanging, screaming guitar, long haired musical types they would not be appearing here in the middle of town.  The word 'Rock,' is used in a variety of ways these days.  Enjoyed by their audience, and clearly enjoying themselves also this appeared a marvellous way to pass the afternoon if this is your kind of thing.  

Yobs Youth were offered activities in the park, guarded by the St John's Ambulance Brigade, but it would not have done much for me in my day I must say.  What isn't shown is the 'Bucking Bronco.'  This is a machine that acts like the rodeo cow.  The rider climbs aboard and this spins this way and that throwing them off.  Sadly no necks are broken.  It looks quite deserted, but that's because it was!  

My entertainment was meant to come from the football, but no game that I want is being shown!  It's a disgrace!  Have these people no thought for my needs? 
Well no actually!

Summer Saturday and I am bored!  What a life, good job I am not one to complain......




.

8 comments:

Lee said...

So damned inconsiderate of them not to put on a game of football for you, Adullamite!! Extremely thoughtless, indeed!

I put a rock eisteddfod on here every day for my two cats...but they're not too impressed. I know they giggle at me behind their paws!

Kay G. said...

You should start your own Rock & Roll band. Go on, you know you want to.

Adullamite said...

Lee, Two games today to makeup!

Kay, I was banned from singer, sadly....

Mike Smith said...

The Sunday entertainment was much better!

Adullamite said...

Mike, You are not wrong Mr S!

Adullamite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I assume that you have had all of the pics of you in the front row of many a Sex Pistols concert destroyed? Being called a groupie was unfortunate for you, I know.

Adullamite said...

Jerry, I was too old for them....