Monday 5 August 2013

Fit?



As the weather man decided he would offer torrential rain all day I took advantage of the early morning sunlight to wander around to the shop.  Clever me knew that the weather man is always right!  I returned home knowing the rain was about to commence and planned a day of action!  I began by doing the exercising my pot belly reflected in shop windows told me about.  This half hour of all action ("cough") was directed at tightening muscles and losing the pot.  After the heart attack I returned to mundane things such as ironing a shirt or two, no woman offering to do what she was made for.  By this time the morning was over, lunch was served, and the rain had still not arrived.  One siesta later, disturbed by the museum desperate for my attendance tomorrow, not because of me but because almost everyone else is off somewhere, I managed to push aside the weather forecast as clearly the clouds above showed no sign of offering rain.  One lass did have a brolly but that is not always a sign that it is actually raining.  I stepped outside, and it rained!  By now I was committed to popping into the museum and strolled past a woman resting her pushchair under a tree in the forlorn hope the rain would soon ease, we both laughed, and I moved on in the increasing rain to find the museum closed.  Monday is a closed day but someone ought to be there working, they had phoned not long before!  I got home just as the monsoon ended.  How I laughed.  That woman under the tree might still have been there! 
How I ache all over now, I canny walk.......
   

He had the right idea!

.

6 comments:

alan1704 said...

Getting in and out of bed is enough exercise for me. Now where's the sofa?

Unknown said...

By mentioning the fact of you having a heart attack, are you are trying to offer proof of actually having a heart? Methinks much more evidence May be required. For not everyone is as gracious as I naturally am.

Lee said...

That woman didn't care if she was out caught in the rain...she was just trying her hardest to dodge doing the ironing...that chore that women were made to do. They must have missed me on the factory's conveyor belt!

Did you get rid of your pot after your morning exercise, Adullamite - or did you put it in a pipe and smoke it?

Adullamite said...

Alan, The sofa is beneath you!

Jerry, Gracious, only kings and queens are gracious.

Lee, My pot is full as normal.....

Unknown said...

Yeah. So, what's your point?

Adullamite said...

Jerry, You are royalty!