Thursday 1 April 2021

Work Never Ceases...

Man alive!  I was at it early today.  Rising at 7ish, I was almost awake by 9.  Listening carefully I realised the house was quiet, all had gone out to earn large amounts of cash and pay towards my pension increase, not that many hours would be required for that!  So, I stuffed the next blanket into the washing machine and set it going.  Three days in a row!  This is costing a fortune in water.
Then in quick order I sorted out the rubbish for the bin men tomorrow, forgetting that it is 'Good Friday' and they will not come till Saturday, did some exercise to ease the pain from yesterday's exercise and then hoovered the house!  
What is wrong with me?  
Coming in from dumping the rubbish I began to pick weeds from the front of the house, a tedious and difficult job for someone who does not bend easily.  Thismay please the landlord but I wish he gave me a stick to use!
I then began my study time, three hours late, failed to understand a word, and all the while contemplating wandering across the park.  
By lunchtime I was dead.
No majorwork could be done as I had to check the budget!  So, I then struggled through the afternoon until near six.  It was then I stopped planning for tomorrow's work when I remembered it was 'Good Friday,' all would be holidaying, the sun would go in, clouds arrive and there is a church 'Stations of the Cross' online at 3 pm.  This meant my cupboard cleaning was out, under the bed remains under the bed, and the need to sort my files continues to grow. 
There again as it is a holiday, visiting Sainsburys early in the morning is also out which saw me hobbling up there tonight, much against my will, to collect what bread I could find for the weekend.  This meant eating late, being out of joint and catching up on emails.
What does it all mean?  
Energy and desire to work, exercising daily?  Housework rather than laziness?
I must be ill...  

1 comment:

the fly in the web said...

Take your temperature....you might be suffering from football deprivation.
I'm wondering which dog to send you for under the bed de fluffing activities...
Plush is great....a large dog who atracts much fluff - but snores and farts.
Sophie attracts fluff too...but hard to remove from her fur...
Auntie revolves in the fluff bringing it all out....eventually...
Or Podge, who has you doing the de fluffing as you pursue her from one side of the bed to another.