Saturday 23 January 2021

Boring Saturday

When I crossed the park yesterday the chill wond tore through those brave enough to exercise in the sunshine.  They claimed it was 50% I say it was 5%!  Today however it is much warmer, and the cloud cover keeps away the frost while depressing those venturing outside.  
Another Lockdown Saturday, another day with no end in sight.  This is managed well enough in my house but the media is convinced half the population are going mental.  Maybe it is just those in the media?  
This morning I braved the cloud cover to once again, against my better judgement, head for Tesco as I needed bulbs for the lamp.  This leaves me clear to do nothing for the weekend but watch three football matches tonight, and one or two tomorrow.  Whether they will be as interesting as Arbroath and Dundee last night we have to wait and see.  However, as I have just paid £18 to watch the Heart of Midlothian on PPV it had better be worth it or the manager will hear about it!
We play them again on Tuesday, what a grubby system.  I realise that arranging games under Covid is difficult, I understand the pressures, but playing the same team so close together is not wise in my eyes.
 

Bumbling Boris has been to see the floods up north, though I see no photographs of this.  Possibly he remembers the last time he visited a flood plain late, he got cat called from all sides and ran away.  Maybe he went at night when none could see him?  The environment secretary did visit flooded areas, but will he listen?  Will it make any difference?  Will money arrive for new defences?  No, is the simple answer, it always is.
Meanwhile, while fighting the new 'English' variant of the virus Matt Hancock now tells the world the 'South African' variant is much, much worse!  Ah, that light at the end of the tunnel, it is the 13:47 express after all!
 
 
The 'Spy Bill' is going through the Commons at this time, yet little is said about it in the English based Tory controlled press.  I wonder why?  Joanna Cherry, an SNP MP has been making noises in parliament about this, naturally the Tory government ignore her.  She may one day lead the SNP, we might need to know more about her.  
The Peoples AS30 case in the Court of Session has begun.  This is an attempt to prove Scotland does not require permission from Westminster for an Indy referendum.  Good luck with reading the reports.
 

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Every time people start t0 think they might be free the clowns come up with another virus variant....before we know it it will be a virus introduced by alien spacecraft....

Thanks for the link, most interesting.

Adullamite said...

Fly, I think it best not to give them ideas...