Saturday 9 January 2021

Saturday Toddle...

 
The unsual sight of sunshine today brought out the locals into the park.  The institue of Tier 4 and many warnings re the increase in the virus in this locale has led to a much stricter use of the six feet distancing on the whole.  So much so that the woman walking in front of me in the park left 60 feet between her and the dog walker ahead!  Once near the shops this lessened considerably I noticed.  In Iceland distancing was not easy and some ignored the need.  (I only wanted bread, some fool had eaten all mine!)
 

With lockdown and gray misty weather not much has happened anywhere.  The world is in a slow routine, blown apart only by those marching to oppose lockdown and mask wearing, some blocking nursing staff from entering hospitals, and of course those who think they will never catch it.  The young, desparate to enjoy life, also take risks under the delusion it will not hit them, the latest mutant version certainly does.  
I see no change in my exciting life.  Out today, the first time in three days, only because the sun shone.  Some I know are becoming institutionalised by remaining indoors, they might never walk outside again!  
 

With no news worth mentioning, it's all Covid deaths, people protesting about wearing masks, and Boris and co hiding.  Occasional comment re what Donald will do next, he has several large gathering soon, and hopefully he will be declared insane before then.  Nothing to do but watch all the football that is on today.  I suppose I can cope with that...
 

7 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I had an unwelcome visit to day...just about to dish uo lunch when the dogs went crazy and i found the local God botherer peering in through my kitchen window. We have a notice on the gate asking people to call on the phone rather than just enter, but no...that did not apply to her!
Usual whining and carrying on in the build up to asking for money and in the meantime her dog shot into the house in search of food, which iod not please the residents.
Disposed of her...the dog refused to leave.
Eventually coaxed it out with biscuits then reheated lunch....
Now have a large padlock on the gate.
I wouldn't mind so much if she would just cut the cackle and come straight out with what she wants...I don't mind helping her as she lost her husband last year and has money problems...but not at lunchtime!
Social distancing? She's not one to let that get in the way of looking for money..and given that she has a large round, goodness only knows what she might pick up....

Adullamite said...

Fly, If she was a 'God-Botherer' she could ask her God. He has never let me down. The paslock sounds a good idea. As does dogs who bite!

the fly in the web said...

That is what annoys me. All the pious window dressing, but where is the faith?
Come to that, where is her church when she is in need?
I know she has a hard time making ends meet as a widow and am fine with helping her on that score...but coming to the house when she knows that one is supposed to limit contacts is so blasted selfish!

Adullamite said...

Fly, Sounds unthinking to me. What sort of church is this?

the fly in the web said...

R.C.
Where the priests don't come out to give communion to people too sick to go to church...and that was before the bug!

Adullamite said...

Fly, Does not sound like a place I would inhabit.

the fly in the web said...

Quite so! Very quick with the offertory plate, always in need of new top of the range cars.....not my sort of place either.