Thursday 21 January 2021

Another Day...

 

 
Another day of joy and happiness has passed by.  An early trip to Tesco, so early half the staff had not arrived yet.  A few masked individuals sauntered around, most on the way to what work is still working these days.  Having gathered all I could carry home the nice lady at the checkout took as much cash from me as she could with a smile, then sent me on my way.  
A good time to shop in Tesco, not in Sainsburys as their bread is always late.  Few people, the sky lightening, birds singing, little traffic, not counting that involved in the never ending new road layout and needless 'white elephant' hotel building works.  The feeling is a new day ahead, except for those working obviously.  All day lies before us, the sun appears lifting our minds, the rain does not fall, enough fell during the night, and nothing bar the grumpy bus drivers steeling themselves for the day disappoints.
Then I get home and realise what I forgot!
I had a list!  Everything was on the list!  But open the fridge door and find spaces unfilled.  Too much trouble to go out again, sun or no sun.  My knees said no, breakfast awaits, what?  No breakfast?  Bacon still in freezer?  Sadly the energy did not return, the laundry required doing instead.  
Suddenly, in spite of careful observation it was tea time!  How did that happen?  A moment ago it was light, now it is darkening.  Lunch was being considered and suddenly it's tea!  What was I doing while all this time passed?
 

Clearly it is time I had a maid!
Someone to control the food stocks, shop, cook the dinner, wash and iron the clothes, dust the house, and all those other things women were made for.  This could only benefit my health.  Better feeding, cleaner atmosphere, no life wasted worrying about what to eat like the birds have to do.  I can only benefit from this.
Do the council supply them?  I wonder if I can get a grant?  Mind you, she would have to shift when the football is on.  We do not want interference in important things.
 
 

6 comments:

the fly in the web said...

You need a housekeeper.....but nowhere to lodge her.

What about an au pair?

Adullamite said...

Fly, Come now, Brexit blocked French women...

the fly in the web said...

I wonder if the blind masseuse is atill available.....

Adullamite said...

Fly, NO!!!

Jenny Woolf said...

Surely you need a Victorian housekeeper, preferably one with decades of experience? I am quite sure she'd be more efficient than that young girl in a mini skirt!

Adullamite said...

Jenny, I think there is a failure of understanding here...
In days of yore one time I delivered to Paul Raymonds penthouse in rich London. He ran the Revue Bar in what once was the 'Windmill Theatre.' Here naked dancers pranced about. Naturally we were happy to deliver but no bimbl opened the door, instead an aged Spanish lass with a hair lip was housekeeper. One who clearly knew her job and appeared happy and competent. Bimbo's could not dust or cook!