Tuesday 24 November 2020

Workmen....!

 

Woman's Work
 
The JOY continues.
I awoke with the Larks this morning, or at least the Blackbirds, Pigeons and Rooks.  I could not sleep, I was too tired to rise, but I rose.  Breakfast took forever as I kept forgetting what I was doing.  Then I had to look at the washing machine.  I looked, considered, and decided it was time for lunch.
Where did the time go?
As I was searching the web for washing machine info my great niece began to question me re family history.  This meant looking out photos and sending them on.  She is very into this just now. 
Then, joy of joys, a man arrived at my door unexpectedly.  An electrician come to do the work he outlined weeks ago.  No-one mentioned this to me, the Landlord forgot to phone me.
When he had begun to break things, bang a lot, hammer here and drill there, she called. 
"Is he with you?"  She asked sweetly, her voice full of guilt.  
He still has to fix the other flats and she was unsure who would be in, I promised to keep his visit secret.   
Later.
He is still here!
He has put on his radio.
Some local rubbish station that I would not dream of using.  He did not ask, I do not mind but I do not wish to lower my mind to this bubblegum pop dross with cheery conversation in between.  He is used to working on his own, in empty flats, I do not blame him for that.  I would prefer working alone if I were he.  I just wish he would finish!
I canny get much done and need my siesta.
He is still here, banging and thumping.
Much later.
At last!  peace for my siesta - before I start clearing up.  Then I can play with the washing machine again.   Oh and by using my hoover he knocked over the kettle, don't ask how, l now need to add that to the shopping list tomorrow.
 

Murdoch's pies will arrive tomorrow by FED EX sometime before 6 pm, that means around lunchtime as usual.  Pie for tea tomorrow night.  
 

3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I want a Murdochs' pie....

Dave said...

Those pies look really good, enjoy. But all those contracts awarded have been vetted and closely scutinised....!!

Adullamite said...

Fly, I await delivery....


Dave, 'Vetted?' If only a vet could make use of his talents...