Monday 2 November 2020

Prepare for 'Lock Down.'

The news of a month long 'Lock Down' brought out the people this morning.  I noticed Sainsburys car park busier than usual, the Barbers I reconnoitered all had queues outside or were busy indoors.  This was not good as I was again the owner of a Beethoven like hairstyle and required shearing before 'Lock Down' begins.  An urgent prayer was launched and 'Lo' I passed a Barber I had forgotten about, empty, being swept clean, and no queues.  One slight problem with the job was his comment as I queried the £9:50 charge, 
"You're a pensioner aren't you?" he said.  
'Pensioner!'  Me?  I am 32!!!  
I kept quiet at this as I did nto want the cost increased to £15 and I also did not wish to hear more heartfelt laughter as I said "32."  
I was glad of this however as I need a regular Barber, I fell out with the last one, some people will not take a telling!
Anyway, while the masses crashed around the supermarkets this left 'Iceland' free of crowds.  Being famed for frozen foods they do not stock much of the stuff panic buyers want, therefore this left me free to panic buy what I required to fill the freezer!  So, bar a need to panic buy ground Black Pepper at the moment I have no need to panic, milk and bread can wait till Wednesday.  I will now go to the shops and smugly look down on those rushing around the shelves.  
 


5 comments:

Dave said...

Over the weekend I saw pictures of people panic buying, why, stocks are plentiful. Thankfully that didn't happen here during our circuit breaker but then that was for only 2 weeks.

Mike Smith said...

I think you may be a bit confused here, Mr H. You were born in '32...

the fly in the web said...

And now I hear thatBoris is wondering whether to cancel the lockdown....

Jenny Woolf said...

I can't tell how Iceland keeps going. It always seems empty. I don't think it is just that they are Tory party donors. Actually, a lot of their stuff is really good, despite the downmarket image. And it is 50 years old so I guess their approach works for them.... somehow.

Adullamite said...

Dave, Tesco here had a busy weekend. They have set limits on what folks buy.

Mike, Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! etc...

Fly, I wonder what Dominic has decided...?

Jenny, Iceland here is often busy, however, I note many have home deliveries, there are always trays of the stuff crowded in the corner awaiting delivery .