Friday 19 April 2019

Good Friday

'Good Friday' reflects the UK as it is today, folks are either on holiday or shopping!  In the past most would take the day off, today most shops are open, the museum also, and many football matches have taken place.  One or two items re Easter have appeared on the BBC but in very BBC style of course.
Many are enjoying the warmth that has returned for a few days.  Outside the sky is pale blue, the blossoms flourish on tress and greedy birds desperate for forage race around as the breeding season is in full bloom also.  Men dispense with jackets, girls with almost everything and others have crushed their way to the seaside in long lines of cars or busy railways.  Most will travel back in similar fashion.  Why they do this I fail to understand.
I merely ensured I was able to take my remaining cough to St P's this after noon for the 'Hour at the Cross' meditation.  The vicar was praying i would be healthy enough as she had given me a portion to read!  Now I have read this as ordered I suspect the praying will cease and the sickness return!
It is several weeks since I walked that far and I feel it now.  Made worse as too few vehicles are around as many are away so offers of lifts were non existent.
How I suffer!
The weather is warm, the wind light, the knees upset.  
Nothing changes bar the weather.
This meant I lazily made use of a Pizza I had in the freezer, cheaper than 'Pizza Huts,' and fills a large space. 


One BBC offering is David Suchet with 'In the Steps of St Peter.'  This two part programme traced Peter's life from the Sea of Galilee to Rome.  Apart from being too slanted a Roman Catholic offering it was not that bad a programme.  Some points were clearly either wrong or er, misunderstood, but overall it must have been great for him to explore these places and make the programmes.  Hard work at times but fun also.  
One noticeable BBC aspect was the number of women involved.  Almost every 'expert' good and bad, was female,  I suspect when fishing in the Lake the director was upset he had to use a boat full of men rather than one run by women.  For the BBC this was not bad an effort and I quite enjoyed it, especially the bots I could indicate were erroneous!  Great fun.
There is also a programme shown this morning that I missed featuring a large black woman and a male discussing 'Britain's Music Traditions.'  Much more BBC in appearance but I ave not yet watched this and will do so later.  
I am listening to Radio 4's 'Witness: Behind Luke's Story,' with Ernie Rea and the first 15 minute programme, from 2007, was quite good and I have hope for the rest.  Radio 3 has of course relevant music today and Sunday and the Essay has had a few interesting 15 minute programmes also.  So pagan BBC has been reasonably successful so far, not as it ought to be but better than it has been in the past.  
However tonight I will be seeking out BBC Scotland channel for Ayr United v Ross County, life must go on...


2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

How did you find that photograph of my dog Napoleon in typical pose?

Adullamite said...

Fly, I saw the dog and thought of Napoleon!