Monday 13 August 2018

New People


It's that time again, the time when new people are moving in.  All morning there were bumps and bangs next door as I thought a furniture van was at work, instead it was merely women scrubbing, hoovering and cleaning the quite clean flat.  I failed to spot any of them so have as yet no idea who is moving in however a black woman arrived later for a look around, maybe it is for she?  Maybe she with the big car, parked next door cheekily, is the new tenant.  If she can afford the car what is she doing here I ask?  The problem is we have no idea what new folks will be like, noisy, quiet, young or old, and we don't want any happy young folks in here I can tell you, all that joy and life, it would be out of place.  Another misery who ignores everyone unless he has too that is what we desire.  I am sure we will know more soon enough.


There has been an envelope lying there helplessly for a day or two addressed to someone unknown.  I now everyone here yet this name is new.  It clearly was ignored by the herd of elephants cleaning next door (can I call them 'scrubbers?') and suddenly I realised the flat round the back might have a new tenant as a new car (Mercedes) lies outside (where do folks get the money and yet move here?) So as I popped out I popped round and knocked on door.  Venetian blinds closed, a sign regarding witches hangs in window and slowly the door opens slightly to reveal a darkened room where a darkened face with darkened make up failed to shine within.  I explained my mission  and found I had reached the target, or as least the targets 'partner.'  I explained why the mail came to wrong address and promised to shove it in the letterbox.  The 'Goth' for that is what it might be, accepted gleefully (is gleefully the right word?) and closed door in fear of the light.  I hastened back to my door, collected packet, obtained a cross and a piece of '2 x 4' just in case, ventured forth and posted item as promised.  As I moved away at speed a cry of 'Thank you" could be heard but I waited not and ran all the way to Tesco.



Neighbours are OK in many places however the new ones often take some time to break in.  If this black woman is moving in does she have money?  Is she honest?  Is it one of those scams where they use the flat as an address?  Or worse is she part of one of the black churches that have sprung up here?  One can never tell until they move in and start partying or getting visits from the constabulary.  No doubt now that I have been neurotic about her she will be lovely even if she is female...

3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Could be a Celtic supporter....you'll need that cross and the 2 by 4...and could I suggest garlic in case he/she/it misinterprets the cross and greets you enthusiastically as a fellow Pape....

Dave said...

Are they UKIP supporters as well as Celtic supporters!!!

Adullamite said...

Dave, Black Goths who support Cettic and belong to UKIP! Ha! What a thought! It could happen...