Friday 17 August 2018

Jerry E. Beuterbaugh Deceased.


Having not heard from my friend Jerry for a while I wondered if he was sick, lacking internet again or dead.  I emailed him at the end of June and he had not replied with one of his rude and funny emails so I sent off another and a couple of days yet another asking what was going on.  No reply.  It was clear I had to find out and via facebook I discovered he had passed away, either through kidney failure or a heart attack, both being likely with state of health, and was suddenly left with a strange empty feeling inside.   
Quite how we began to annoy one another I forget as it goes back a few years but his caustic humour fitted well and rarely did I get one over on him.  His knowledge of Jesus and his equally caustic wife Arlynda gave us many a laugh.  Both of course were far from well, grievous sickness caused both many troubles, though Jerry considered her mother living with them caused more.  When she died a year or two ago he was not cheering but glad of the space given back to him.  Then just over a year ago his wife who had been ailing for a long time passed away.  This was followed by the aged dogs in the house also giving up life and only two impersonal cats appeared to be left to keep the man company by the end.  It appears they needed him to feed them!  
In past time Jerry had an adventurous life, I think we can say this, married more than once, travelling across the States driving large trucks while full of drink or drugs, and family problems all around.  It appeared to me that his ME. along with other illness came from those drug taking days catching up with him.  Jesus also caught up with him and while sick enabled him to change his ways and settle down almost into a normal life, though normal for Jerry was different from you and probably.
He believed the good Lord had caused him to write several books, this he did and at least one of then I read, his life story, but as the rest were fictionalised I found them hard going as I do all novels. Facts I can deal with, drama I reject.  

'Broken Branches' was the latest.

'Let Your Will Be Done' another.

'In His Own Words' something non fictional. 

It is true to say Jerry was not a great writer but that was not the point, he had something to say and put it over as well as he could.  Jesus would be pleased with his efforts and bless all those who would read them and see what was being said.

Jerry has done his time.  He had a long and 'interesting' life, now he resides with the one who died for him, cleansed him from all sin and welcomed him into the abundant life that never ends.  
For Jerry and Arlynda I am glad, for myself I will miss him, his wise words and his many arguments and rebukes, his humour and friendship also has now gone.  Enjoy your new friends Jerry!
 

6 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I saw some of your exchanges and did take a look at his blog...seemed to me to be a kind man - as so many of those who have led interesting lives tend to be.
Well, he is in his long home now, at ease and at peace.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Jerry was a man with whom you could have banter, fall out and still be friends with. Like a few on here I say.

Kay G. said...

That is so sad! If one of our blogging friends die, how would we know if not for Facebook or someone telling us? I noticed that I had not seen much from him lately but as we all age, we all have medical problems that take up our time. So sorry to hear this, may he rest in the peace of the Lord.

Adullamite said...

Kay, Yes he worked on his books and had little ability left for anything else.

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

God bless you sir.

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

"Little Lost Leon" was the latest book he put out before he passed.